Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Warlock (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/warlock-66/)
-   -   New Warlock Project (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/warlock/266628-new-warlock-project.html)

682gold 12-03-2011 07:42 AM

New Warlock Project

Hello guys. I have just procured a 26' aluminum trailer with a 1989 24' Warlock Euro I think that came with the trailer. It has an Alpha I drive and needs work. I plan on doing the work myself. I'll post pics soon. I do not know a lot about these boats but from what i have read they see to be decent. What engine combination works well witht the Alpha 1 drive? I will be looking for everything I need to restore boat from swap shops etc. I want to do this on a budget. Any insight would be great.

682gold 12-03-2011 01:05 PM

motor

What motor would have this come wit?. It has an Alpha drive. Can you use a BBC with the Alpha drive? If I wanted to change to a Bravo will it go in the same hole in the transom?

GTOFFSHORE 12-03-2011 04:17 PM

Will not go into same hole. A lot of work to change over. A lot of people use a 454 with no issues on an alpha 1. That was an option on that boat.

199025sxtWarlock 12-03-2011 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Poker~N~Run (Post 3563497)
Will not go into same hole. A lot of work to change over. A lot of people use a 454 with no issues on an alpha 1. That was an option on that boat.

the last year they offered the 454 with an alpha i am pretty sure was 1987. The Euro should be an 88 or 89 at the oldest. I have one of the earliest 24 euro's that were built , and got it new..

you could go with a 365 magnum. just be easy on take off and airin the boat out and landing.. an up side to the boat is that it is a very narrow beam, and is around 2700 lbs with a big block.

get some pics up , its always nice to see other euro's

682gold 12-04-2011 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by 199025sxtWarlock (Post 3563705)
the last year they offered the 454 with an alpha i am pretty sure was 1987. The Euro should be an 88 or 89 at the oldest. I have one of the earliest 24 euro's that were built , and got it new..

you could go with a 365 magnum. just be easy on take off and airin the boat out and landing.. an up side to the boat is that it is a very narrow beam, and is around 2700 lbs with a big block.

get some pics up , its always nice to see other euro's

What is a 365 magnum?

199025sxtWarlock 12-04-2011 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by 682gold (Post 3563746)
What is a 365 magnum?

a 365 horsepower,454 4bolt main high rise intake and it spun a few more rpm over the standard 454 that was 330 horsepower.

365 magnum with a bravo . 23 " mirage prop.. 73 mph. BONE STOCK.

best speed ever I have had the boat was 95.6 with a 454 that was built , only 595 horsepower.

and the magical # with that hull is 88 mph, anything over it and it chines VIOLENTY, if not in a 2 and 1/2 foot chop. anything over 88 you need to be ready for the world to change real fast...LOL:eek::eek:

Lee 12-04-2011 02:57 PM

The Bravo WILL go into the Alpha hole, you just need to drill 2 additional mounting holes and it will bolt right up. Add an engine mounted raw water pump and you are done, also if your Alpha set up has oil/ps cooler it will be 1" and the Bravo uses a 1 1/4" water hose so either adapt it or change it out to a Bravo cooler.

682gold 12-05-2011 03:10 PM

Small Block

Originally Posted by 199025sxtWarlock (Post 3564102)
a 365 horsepower,454 4bolt main high rise intake and it spun a few more rpm over the standard 454 that was 330 horsepower.

365 magnum with a bravo . 23 " mirage prop.. 73 mph. BONE STOCK.

best speed ever I have had the boat was 95.6 with a 454 that was built , only 595 horsepower.

and the magical # with that hull is 88 mph, anything over it and it chines VIOLENTY, if not in a 2 and 1/2 foot chop. anything over 88 you need to be ready for the world to change real fast...LOL:eek::eek:

You think a built small block would push it well? I got one of those hanging around.

682gold 12-07-2011 07:35 AM

Weight and power

How heavy is the 1989 24' Warlock? What motor would have come with it? It has an Alpha drive on it.

199025sxtWarlock 12-07-2011 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by 682gold (Post 3566103)
How heavy is the 1989 24' Warlock? What motor would have come with it? It has an Alpha drive on it.

I was scaled out @ 2700lbs .. minimal gas.. 454 with a bravo

199025sxtWarlock 12-07-2011 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by 682gold (Post 3566103)

they were putting in omc King cobras also.. you might have got a 350 alpha boat.. they built them anyway you wanted. I still have the picture they sent us when it was in the shop before they rigged it.

just remember it is a very narrow beam with a 25 degree deadrise.. its not a slug.. but the boat wants a little chop when it runs.

682gold 12-08-2011 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by 199025sxtWarlock (Post 3566681)
they were putting in omc King cobras also.. you might have got a 350 alpha boat.. they built them anyway you wanted. I still have the picture they sent us when it was in the shop before they rigged it.

just remember it is a very narrow beam with a 25 degree deadrise.. its not a slug.. but the boat wants a little chop when it runs.

Not being a slug would a 350 push that boat well? How fast should it run roughly? The project already has an Alpha drive with it and I have access to a 350 carb motor ready to drop in.

GregGuimond 12-10-2011 08:02 PM

That hull would be ideal with a built SBC instead of the BBC. The SBC helps with the Center of Gravity and creates a much better balance. The hull is 24 degree deadrise. The Euro hull is identical to the Offshore just an entirely different deck. You will need at least 400hp in the SBC and the Alpha will be fine, just don't hammer it out of the hole. Post a pic.

Naughty Kitty 12-14-2011 03:23 PM

Here are the pictures sent to me...

http://www.intored.net/media/Warlock/24_Euro/1.jpg

http://www.intored.net/media/Warlock/24_Euro/2.jpg

http://www.intored.net/media/Warlock/24_Euro/3.jpg

http://www.intored.net/media/Warlock/24_Euro/4.jpg

slpcamaross97 12-14-2011 04:36 PM

i could use the trailer.

mustangmark 12-18-2011 08:34 PM

I have quite a bit of stock bbc stuff for that boat because I also have a 89 warlock euro 24. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of these boats around. Mine came with a 454/330hp and bravo 1. I've done a lot of upgrades to it in the past year. Stock, it ran 62 mph on gps with 4 of us in it and a quicksilver 21p (3 blade). Best it ran this summer (with new heads, intake, cam, exhaust, ign, fuel system and a bravo1 24p / 4 blade) and 3 of us in it was 74.9 on gps. It was a significant gain for what I did. And like you have heard, these boats do love to run in a 2-3 foot chop. I'm actually building a 516 with a 250 blower, merlin heads and a hyd. roller cam currently. Should put out around 650hp. Good luck with your build and feel free to message me if you have any questions. I'd be more 30am happy to help you out if I can. Mark

199025sxtWarlock 12-19-2011 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by mustangmark (Post 3574185)
I have quite a bit of stock bbc stuff for that boat because I also have a 89 warlock euro 24. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of these boats around. Mine came with a 454/330hp and bravo 1. I've done a lot of upgrades to it in the past year. Stock, it ran 62 mph on gps with 4 of us in it and a quicksilver 21p (3 blade). Best it ran this summer (with new heads, intake, cam, exhaust, ign, fuel system and a bravo1 24p / 4 blade) and 3 of us in it was 74.9 on gps. It was a significant gain for what I did. And like you have heard, these boats do love to run in a 2-3 foot chop. I'm actually building a 516 with a 250 blower, merlin heads and a hyd. roller cam currently. Should put out around 650hp. Good luck with your build and feel free to message me if you have any questions. I'd be more 30am happy to help you out if I can. Mark

Mark , I have spent numerous years tinkering with the 24 euro. Just be carefull...88 mph it develops a chine. fastest we had ours was 95 , with a 23 Mirage Labbed @ 6700, 3 blade, tried a zillion props, but the mirage 23 labbed was the one for us. around 590 hp ..dynoed. Still have the boat, white with the red stripes. we ordered it new, even still have the picture they sent us when it was popped out of the mold.
after I tinker with my cat again, I might put the motor back in the euro and try on of my Blackhawks on the V.
keep us posted , and would love to see the pictures too.

682gold 12-19-2011 09:38 PM

warlock

Originally Posted by 199025sxtWarlock (Post 3574928)
Mark , I have spent numerous years tinkering with the 24 euro. Just be carefull...88 mph it develops a chine. fastest we had ours was 95 , with a 23 Mirage Labbed @ 6700, 3 blade, tried a zillion props, but the mirage 23 labbed was the one for us. around 590 hp ..dynoed. Still have the boat, white with the red stripes. we ordered it new, even still have the picture they sent us when it was popped out of the mold.
after I tinker with my cat again, I might put the motor back in the euro and try on of my Blackhawks on the V.

Thanks for the input. I'm sure I will need to pick your brain about the resto I will be doing. I am liking the idea of a built SBC with a blower. It has a bravo 1 that i am going to hopefully find a speedmaster drive of some sort to put on it. I am in the process of taking it all apart. Got a rotten floor in the main cockpit. Going to replace fuel tank while in there. I am new to this so I will take it slow and ask a lot of questions.

199025sxtWarlock 12-20-2011 05:07 PM

early year the tanks were prone for cracking, we did..sent boat back to Cali. twice.. the floor ouch.. we had an issue with trapping water in the bottom of the hull and since have had inspection holes glassed in..
Take it to a good marine fiberglass repair man , there are way too many idiots out there that buy marine plywood and do crappy jobs..

leave the bravo.. no need for a crazy outdrive. it is a very narrow beam.

you would be better of with a bigblock ,and poking it up , than a blower on a smallblock..alot cheaper too.!

420 horsepower you can hit 80 with the boat..

GregGuimond 12-20-2011 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Were you running your Euro in the Ocean or the Lake? The hull sends up a large following sea coming off plane even when being thoughtful. If it were me, I'd convert it to OB power :eek:

199025sxtWarlock 12-20-2011 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by GregGuimond (Post 3575658)
Were you running your Euro in the Ocean or the Lake? The hull sends up a large following sea coming off plane even when being thoughtful. If it were me, I'd convert it to OB power :eek:

sweet world class... but the bottoms are different.. world class is less deadrise

ran offshore and bay. never pushed it in flat water over 87. needs a chop. blew the fuel tank twice offshore . not a good feeling when the bilge is loaded with gas.

GregGuimond 12-23-2011 08:59 PM

The bottoms on a Team Warlock 23 World Class Offshore and a Team Warlock 24 World Class Euro are the same. Both 24 degree deadrise. The Euro adds the swin platform for the extra foot and the deck is obviously different. ;)

mustangmark 12-24-2011 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by 199025sxtWarlock (Post 3574928)

I've heard these boats start getting sketchy at around 90mph. It sure is a fun boat! I've only ever seen one other one in person. Pics seem to be hard to come by on these boats also. I'll dig some pictures up of mine and get them posted soon. I was on the water a lot this past summer so I know there's quite a few of it. I'd have to say, the wildest one I saw a pic of looked to have a bbc in it with a vortec or procharger on it using a carb because you could see the carb box sitting on top of the motor. It looked a lot like mine. Which has a white base/black bottom with the multi colored red graphics (stripes) up the center of the noise and high on the sides. As for the motor I'm building, I have a feeling it's going to find it's way into something else down the road. I agree that it's to much motor for this hull design to run full out. Ideally, I would eventually like to find something in the 27ft range that's not as low profile as the warlock euro.

mustangmark 12-24-2011 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by 682gold (Post 3575038)
Thanks for the input. I'm sure I will need to pick your brain about the resto I will be doing. I am liking the idea of a built SBC with a blower. It has a bravo 1 that i am going to hopefully find a speedmaster drive of some sort to put on it. I am in the process of taking it all apart. Got a rotten floor in the main cockpit. Going to replace fuel tank while in there. I am new to this so I will take it slow and ask a lot of questions.

I guarantee you will find tons of terrific info on this site! Personally, if your good with cars it will help but as I have heard, read and found out sense being a boat owner....they are a different animal.

682gold 12-24-2011 08:11 PM

pics

Originally Posted by mustangmark (Post 3578237)
I've heard these boats start getting sketchy at around 90mph. It sure is a fun boat! I've only ever seen one other one in person. Pics seem to be hard to come by on these boats also. I'll dig some pictures up of mine and get them posted soon. I was on the water a lot this past summer so I know there's quite a few of it. I'd have to say, the wildest one I saw a pic of looked to have a bbc in it with a vortec or procharger on it using a carb because you could see the carb box sitting on top of the motor. It looked a lot like mine. Which has a white base/black bottom with the multi colored red graphics (stripes) up the center of the noise and high on the sides. As for the motor I'm building, I have a feeling it's going to find it's way into something else down the road. I agree that it's to much motor for this hull design to run full out. Ideally, I would eventually like to find something in the 27ft range that's not as low profile as the warlock euro.

I would love to see pics of your boat. What motor do you have in it?

682gold 12-27-2011 08:35 AM

Warlock

Trailer in poorer condition than I anticipated. Need to get some crossmembers on trailer soon. Will keep updating on project.

682gold 12-29-2011 02:41 PM

motor

:grinser010:

Originally Posted by mustangmark (Post 3578237)

What motor is it that you think is to much for this hull design? I was considering a SBC with blower.

GregGuimond 12-30-2011 09:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These hulls require a lot of power to push beyond 85. That said, how often are you going to get to top speed versus how often are you going to enjoy the ultra plush ride and great handling at say 60? Power it with a blower SBC and I think you will be very happy. My 23 does 64GPS with a Yamaha 250 HPDI fishin motor. I think the balance will be a lot better with a SBC especially considering the hull throws up a hefty following sea. I'm sure if you came off the sticks too quickly that the following sea would walk right up the integrated swim platform into the back seat and :kiss: your passengers.

Here is a pic of an ultra rare 1998 with custom gel work.........

199025sxtWarlock 12-31-2011 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by GregGuimond (Post 3582152)
These hulls require a lot of power to push beyond 85. That said, how often are you going to get to top speed versus how often are you going to enjoy the ultra plush ride and great handling at say 60? Power it with a blower SBC and I think you will be very happy. My 23 does 64GPS with a Yamaha 250 HPDI fishin motor. I think the balance will be a lot better with a SBC especially considering the hull throws up a hefty following sea. I'm sure if you came off the sticks too quickly that the following sea would walk right up the integrated swim platform into the back seat and :kiss: your passengers.

Here is a pic of an ultra rare 1998 with custom gel work.........

GREG 23 and 24 are two totally different boats...

the 24 EURO is a true 25 degree deadrise.. I got mine from new and spoke to them when they built it.. My pops was on the phone with the guys for weeks before they built it.( Stolarz and Clark I think were there names) 600 horsepower DYNO SHEETS. 23 mirage labbed @ 6700 rpm.. 95 mph..

all these backyard engine builders add 100 hp on there dumb configurations..

hull likes small props with a ton of rpm. tried about 8 or 9 configurations, and what the factory told us to do was the best.
We originally were going to race A - sportsman class with the boat.. the kilo was like 87 mph at the time, we were running 92.4 with a legal motor.. we baught the boat NEW with intentions to race it, but a major snowmobile accident ruined my father for years.
there is such a narrow beam.. what 24 foot boat with 600 hp will go that fast.. not many..

again , if you know both boats, the 24 is a ***** @88 mph, I have been in the 23 @ 97mph in flat water and its smooth..

Also, I put a crankshaft thru the oilpan around 80 mph, and the following seas never swamped us, the intergral platform pushes the boat up .

BEEN THERE DONE THAT... Happy new year guys !!

GregGuimond 12-31-2011 04:58 PM

682gold, any chance you have a protractor hanging around? Take a degree measurement against your hull for the New Year. :drink:

199025sxtWarlock 01-01-2012 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by GregGuimond (Post 3582934)
682gold, any chance you have a protractor hanging around? Take a degree measurement against your hull for the New Year. :drink:

Please Dont mind me being so overpossesive.. We buaght the boat before it was built,Then spent the first 2 summers when we had this boat learning this hull, almost getting tossed out when it would chine,busting 2 gas tanks sending the boat back out west, swapping motors with different combinations, taking the boat out for a day, and sometimes swapping props 3 or 4 times a day treadding water in the bay.

So thats why I got some pepper here :evilb:

Boat was even advertised as a 25 degree.

Happy new years guys !!

mustangmark 01-06-2012 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by 682gold (Post 3581704)

What motor is it that you think is to much for this hull design? I was considering a SBC with blower.

Sorry, haven't checked this post in a while. I would agree that a nice blown sbc would work well. I'm going a bit overkill on this build for what it's going in (Imo). The current motor that's in the boat is a 454, 9.1 compression, stainless marine exhaust, msd ignition, dart intake, Holley 750dp, hyd. Flat tappet crane cam, roller rockers, etc... and I run a bblades bravo 24p prop on it.

The best mph I've seen on gps was 74.9 in a 2 to 3 foot chop with 2 adults and a teenager. It was a fun ride that day!

I'll try to remember to post up some pics soon! Sorry about that!

mustangmark 01-06-2012 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by 682gold (Post 3581704)

Sorry, haven't checked this post in a while. I would agree that a nice blown sbc would work well. I'm going a bit overkill on this build for what it's going in (Imo). The current motor that's in the boat is a 454, 9.1 compression, stainless marine exhaust, msd ignition, dart intake, Holley 750dp, hyd. Flat tappet crane cam, roller rockers, etc... and I run a bblades bravo 24p prop on it.

The best mph I've seen on gps was 74.9 in a 2 to 3 foot chop with 2 adults and a teenager. It was a fun ride that day!

I'll try to remember to post up some pics soon! Sorry about that!

682gold 01-09-2012 12:09 PM

If someone wants this project I'll take $2800

682gold 01-23-2012 04:18 PM

Sold!!thanks To All Who Inquired

mustangmark 01-25-2012 06:34 AM

Someone's gonna enjoy that boat when it's put back together. Those Warlock euro 24's are a blast to drive and take a beating! Not to mention, they look pretty cool considering the design is over 20 years old!

mustangmark 01-25-2012 07:25 AM

warlock euro 24 pics

Originally Posted by mustangmark (Post 3601024)
Someone's gonna enjoy that boat when it's put back together. Those Warlock euro 24's are a blast to drive and take a beating! Not to mention, they look pretty cool considering the design is over 20 years old!

Finally got around to posting some pics. Here's some of my 1989 Warlock euro24.

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/a...6/warlock4.jpg

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/a...6/warlock3.jpg

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/a...6/warlock2.jpg

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/a...6/warlock7.jpg

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/a...6/warlock5.jpg

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/a...6/warlock6.jpg

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/a...6/warlock1.jpg

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/a...66/warlock.jpg

mustangmark 01-25-2012 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by 682gold (Post 3599917)
Sold!!thanks To All Who Inquired

Abc

199025sxtWarlock 01-27-2012 05:31 PM

nice to see an indentical to ours.. same hood scoop glassed into the hatch..

professor_speed 10-24-2012 12:03 PM

So who ended up with this boat and do they want to sell it yet?