Notices

warlock 29 world class pros and cons

Old 07-24-2012, 02:16 AM
JRI
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warlock 29 world class pros and cons

I'm in the market for new to me boat narrow my search down to late 90s 29 world class warlock or 27 fountain. Just want the good and bad in the two boats. I can't find much info about warlock boats other than there is a lot of wood problem in floor and such. Is that a problem in this year and is there anything else I need to look for.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Registered

I own a 01 25' World class. The wood and carpet floor is nice. It's like anything else, if it's not taken care of it will go to ****. (ie. left uncovered) I eventually want to step up to a 29wc. I'm partial, but I just love the hull design. World class hulls are built extremely well. Beast in rough water. Four full length stringers, very efficient stepped hull, 24 degree deadrise, Top and bottom decks are glassed together (not just bolted together, like so many boat companies do), which makes it supper rigid. A lot of attention went into the building of these boats, have to see one in person to really appreciate, better yet go for a ride!

I have to say they are faster hull. I get 73 GPS in fresh water with a Stock 454 mpi with only emi exhaust, K&N intake and a labbed 26p Bravo 1 prop. I know a lot of other comparable boats need more power to achieve the same speed.

One last thing to consider is that the 29 World Class is a true 29ft boat. It has no swim platform or beak like a fountain does added into its length. 27ft fountain is more like a 25ft warlock if you were considering the waterline length.

Just my 2 cents...

Best of luck with your search!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Registered

I think 2001 summed it up pretty good. Great offshore boat. Built solid. Very different then a fountain. Once you own one or ride in one the small fountain seems bland. I can run 91 with 725hp.
Ran in 2 to 4s this weekend and was a easy ride. Averaged 45mph solid run.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Registered

The 29 wc is a great boat and like the others have said it handles the rough water with ease. I own a 29 f1 and I am very happy with it.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Registered

i just listed an 04' 29 warlock world class with a trailer , innovation engine volvo dpx 600 hp 588 ci ..80 mph boat..
it is in the classifieds.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chevalcabre
i just listed an 04' 29 warlock world class with a trailer , innovation engine volvo dpx 600 hp 588 ci ..80 mph boat..
Very nice boat.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chevalcabre
X2 that looks really clean. Just curious, isn't the 600DPX package a 540ci?
Old 08-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRI
I'm in the market for new to me boat narrow my search down to late 90s 29 world class warlock or 27 fountain. Just want the good and bad in the two boats. I can't find much info about warlock boats other than there is a lot of wood problem in floor and such. Is that a problem in this year and is there anything else I need to look for.
The quality of warlocks varied greatly depending on which ownership regime was in charge during he build of a particular boat. Warlocks molds changes hands many times at one time they were "Ultimate Warlock" (kind of a division of Ultra boats) They typically run really well for their size and aside from lots of wood to worry about are generally great boats with decent racing record. (watch for a stripped out race boat with a new interior)

Not sure if the swimstep is included in the length of the 29 or not.

The fountains build quality will be more consistent than the warlocks so all you need to do is find a "good one" - but it is a small 27 comparatively and it has a 60 gallon fuel tank.

Uncle Dave
Old 08-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

JRI, that Warlock listed would have been the boat to buy if it checked out okay.

Innovation engine + DPX drive would be a huge bonus IMO.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Registered

Default 29 world class

Originally Posted by tjred
The 29 wc is a great boat and like the others have said it handles the rough water with ease. I own a 29 f1 and I am very happy with it.
I need help setting mine up. 575 sci xr drive. 32 pitch prop. It shakes at high speed. u have to steer left right left right to take away the walk. Runs 80 to 86. Was told this was a high 90's mph boat when i bought it but i cant get there. Rpms at 53k to 55k. Any sugestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.