29 world class draining >

29 world class draining

Notices

29 world class draining

Old 10-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 29 world class draining

I have a 29 WC mid cuddy, The down stairs always holds alot of water when it rains. I was just going to drill a hole most aft of the mid cuddy. Does anyone habe any ideas?
Old 10-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 14 Posts

There were no provisions in the hull to allow drainage of water to the bilge that I know of. Not sure if any changes took place with other owner/manufacturers over the years. If you are thinking of drilling a hole in the "aft bulkhead" which I assume is forward of the fuel tank- water will then be allowed inside that compartment where the fuel tank is located with no provisions to drain to the bilge (unless you see one). That area is also likely filled with spray foam as well after the tank is glassed in not allowing flow to the bilge. There is probably a fair amount of water in air pockets/ bottom of Vee there already based on what you described.

I would try and keep the boat dry... Just my opinion...

Lane

Last edited by 28 V; 10-25-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 10-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt even think about the fuel tanks, I always keep it dry and and covered but when I cant it just sucks, I have to take a shop vac with me everywhere I go. I went to the emerald coast poker run this past august, and it rained like everyday, and was just a pain in the ass. I might run a borascope up the holes in the engine compartment and see if i see anything. Thanks for the post lane
Old 11-01-2012, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we installed a bilge pump just forward of the step to pump any water out that gets caught there