Notices

lake havasu

Old 03-06-2011, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Havasu heat

It will probably be in the 80's nice out that time of year. Water is still cold. Last year it rained, for the boat parade in town. so could get a mix of stuff?? It is a great time, most everyone is there to have a good time, and play. We are going up Wed. ought to be a kick. Dave
Old 03-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JAIME
talkin about heat, any idea about how hot it will be in April for D.S? Thanks Jaime
Ive been to DS 2007,2008 and 2010. Typically temps are around 90 degrees there but in 2007 it was over 100 almost every day...Last year (2010) was a fluke to have rain for the street fair parade and such cool temps (I think the street fair had a high temp of 75 that day!) Expect 90-95 this year! Its supposed to be close to 90 this weekend down there.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Banned

It is supposed to get warm this weekend, but remember it still gets real cold at night and I mean right after the sun goes down. We were out one day and it was real nice and hot, then the sun started going down and it got cold in the breeze and you wanted to get off the water quickly. The water here is beyond cold, it is just like thawing snow ice water, which I guess it is. It just slaps you in the face when you try and get in.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Registered

Double your fun this April & join POPRA for the Lake Havasu Boat Show/Offshore Race/Enduro 300
Old 03-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
It is supposed to get warm this weekend, but remember it still gets real cold at night and I mean right after the sun goes down. We were out one day and it was real nice and hot, then the sun started going down and it got cold in the breeze and you wanted to get off the water quickly. The water here is beyond cold, it is just like thawing snow ice water, which I guess it is. It just slaps you in the face when you try and get in.
Lol! I think alot depends on where you are from. Im from Seattle (the land of cool temps)...Even in July our water temps are in the upper 60's! I swim every year in Havasu at Desert Storm and the water feels great! You are probably used to much warmer water...
Old 03-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Powerquest_Baby!!
Lol! I think alot depends on where you are from. Im from Seattle (the land of cool temps)...Even in July our water temps are in the upper 60's! I swim every year in Havasu at Desert Storm and the water feels great! You are probably used to much warmer water...
We rented a 15mph pontoon today to kill time while waiting on our new boat to be fixed and even though it was a hot sunny day, as soon as we started rocketing across the water at full throttle, it was cold as hell today.

My wife jumped in and found the water to contain big chunks of ice below the surface. You can keep your snow melt water.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I have never beeen to Havasu I can comment on the temps
because when I moved from humid but mild south Florida (85-90 tops) to dry but hot (110+ in aug) central Texas it is MUCH hotter,
I dont care if its a dry heat , so is a furnace..
In florida coast you almost always have a breeze that cools you down in the shade, here the breeze is hot in or out of the shade , imagine Havasu is the same.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Registered

It looks like people here are into sitting and showing off more than riding. It would have to be rough in the summer with all the boats and the small size. According to Tim from Oregon Custom Marine, there are tons of MTI and Skaters etc here form the west coast guys and they all come here to play. I am getting ready to go tear up the water and will post some pictures.
Very Rarely do u see an MTI or Skater on Havasu outside of Desert Storm.... The town gets excited for the street party bcuz these boats normally only come out 1 time per/yr... These are big money boats and the majority of these ppl live elsewhere.... not sure wat oregonmarine's talking about....
Old 03-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Very Rarely do u see an MTI or Skater on Havasu outside of Desert Storm.... The town gets excited for the street party bcuz these boats normally only come out 1 time per/yr... These are big money boats and the majority of these ppl live elsewhere.... not sure wat oregonmarine's talking about....
Sort of.

You got a lot of money in LA Pheonix and Scottsdale too.

Thing is you get the West Coast version of the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeRlVpcirIQ

Didnt this Daytona win dessert storm in 09? what 173or 177?

Havasu is constantly prowling with wicked craft of all names- some alarmingly so.

Then you get the stuff that goes from -0- to that in a few seconds on the same water all over.

You also get much more drag boat action than you do anywhere that I know of in the East when you drop down to the parker strip which is really fun as well.

Some of the stuff out here is simply ridiculous and highly entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMfrt...eature=related

Its a great place for 2 seasons ok for one and absolute hell on earth in the summer .

Uncle Dave

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 03-12-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: spellin clarity
Old 03-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Registered

Smile

I am no expert about Havasu having only been here a couple of days, but from a boating perspective, this place is way too small. I had heard about this place and saw it on tv and thought it sounded great, but in a fast boat, you would tire of this little lake quickly. I like to run fast and hard and can cover this lake in a few mins. The neat thing about Havasu is there are performance boats, shops and like minded people everywhere. But to live here and retire here compared to where you are now.... I guess the grass does always look greener elsewhere...

Attachment 442101
I agree 100% Dan.... Its super small for a boat your size and larger....their isn't any open water to run for long-distance... just run to the springs and back....in your baot that takes like 15mins lol.... then nowhere else to go.. haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.