Notices

Lake Powell vs Havasu

Old 12-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JAIME
I think theres a annual gathering out there now. try doing a search on Powellapalooza. Might be a fun time, with a few more sport boats around. Also they were building a hotel/marina on the Utah side like 3yrs ago.
Yes there is also a poker run mid year.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
Yes there is also a poker run mid year.
Did you do the Powell poker run this year? If so, how was it? I really wanted to go but we just had our daughter a month before. I'm definitely going next year.
I went to Powellapalooza 2011 and it was a lot of fun. We stayed at Antelope Point and it was a nonstop party.
September is my favorite time of year at Powell. Early spring can be nice but you can also get some wicked wind storms that time of year. Some of the docks at halls marina were destroyed on memorial weekend last year. We went the week after and found a mile marker buoy 8 miles down lake from where it's supposed to be.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Eroc5150
Did you do the Powell poker run this year? If so, how was it? I really wanted to go but we just had our daughter a month before. I'm definitely going next year.
I went to Powellapalooza 2011 and it was a lot of fun. We stayed at Antelope Point and it was a nonstop party.
September is my favorite time of year at Powell. Early spring can be nice but you can also get some wicked wind storms that time of year. Some of the docks at halls marina were destroyed on memorial weekend last year. We went the week after and found a mile marker buoy 8 miles down lake from where it's supposed to be.
No i was in a saving mode at that time...Ya it can get very nasty down there i try and pay close attention to the weather.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Registered

Just like everyone here has said, two totally different Lakes. Powell at full pool is 189 miles long with canyons that go for miles and the San Juan is 50 miles at full pool which is 3700 ft. Over 2000 miles of shoreline but Lake is just above 3600 ft. now but no problems. You do have to bring your own party, camping, houseboating or stay in Page at a hotel there. April can still be a bit cool with the water being cold. And as said before about Havasu is smaller and a lot busier Lake, being the Lake itself is 26 miles long and the river about 60 miles to Laughlin. I love both Lakes! I've been going to Powell since '74 and never get tired of that place! We have had a houseboat there near 20 years now, the only way to go at Powell,,,,for us anyway. Powell is a must do for any Boater!! Sept. and Oct. are real good times to go!