Lake Mahave boat camping >

Lake Mahave boat camping

Notices

Lake Mahave boat camping

Old 09-22-2013, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Mahave boat camping

Its starting to cool off here in Colorado. Was looking into heading to Mohave for a week of boat camping. Any sugjestions? All I have read on RDP is about how bad the thief's are and how rough the lake gets. Anyone been there the end of September or early October? We usually go to Havasu but was thinking of trying out Mohave. Any goods, bad's or suggestions?
Old 09-24-2013, 05:12 AM
Registered

You would probably have better luck posting this question on performanceboat forum. Seems more of the people on there boat on the colorado and its lakes, seems this site leans more to the mid west & east coast... Imo
Old 09-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Registered

There are several "Boat In" places to camp throughout Lake Mojave, the only thieving part I know is around Telephone Cove just north of Catherine's Landing, where "Tweakers" from Bullhead launch for day use, and thats only if you leave your things on the beach unattended for a few hours.

Cottonwood Cove is a nice campground and marina if you have a motorhome, it's on the Nevada side towards the upper end of the Lake.

Mojave is a beautiful lake and not very crowded especially this time of year, enjoy your trip.