Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
Havasu people. Point me where I need to go. >

Havasu people. Point me where I need to go.

Notices

Havasu people. Point me where I need to go.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:01 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Check out OCM. I hear they move a lot of boats there.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
Don't try this in the morning! They shut down the dam at night and the water level gets very low. They open it back up in the morning so the water level rises all day. Best time to go is late afternoon and you shouldn't have a problem.

I once was staying at the Avi just south of Laughlin with some friends. One of them had a 21 Ultra and wanted to run to the sand bar. I told him I had to wait for the water to come up (I had my 29 Outlaw). He said, "No problem. I know this river like the back of my hand, just follow me". Well of course we run south at 60 MPH+ and then down around Needles with no warning he jerks to the right and I couldn't turn as quickly. Two busted up props and skags was the result. I had to beach the boat and wait for hours for the water to come back up and then limped back to the ramp. Lesson learned.

Now I have a small jet boat for the river that draws about 6". Don't run the river in the morning!
One of these days I want to boat to Laughlin, but this ^ is exactly why I have not gone north of the Pirates Cove at the 40 yet. I don't know your timeline racinfast but you can at least get all the way to Parker dam/Havasu Springs and up to Topock and back in a good day's run.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Check out OCM. I hear they move a lot of boats there.
Ugly this is, they way things are starting to play out it will be interesting to watch.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by USMC2010
One of these days I want to boat to Laughlin, but this ^ is exactly why I have not gone north of the Pirates Cove at the 40 yet. I don't know your timeline racinfast but you can at least get all the way to Parker dam/Havasu Springs and up to Topock and back in a good day's run.
probably not going to have a full day. Maybe a half day at most. My plan is to check out London bridge and top rock gorge.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by racinfast002
probably not going to have a full day. Maybe a half day at most. My plan is to check out London bridge and top rock gorge.
Excellent plan, safe travels.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:08 AM
Registered

Well plans changed a little once I got there. I reviewed the maps and its damn shallow going into the river and I just decided not to chance it. Road around to the dam, copper canyon, checked out the bar by the channel and of course London bridge. Badass lake with some bad ass boats on it for sure. Also enjoyed all the cool hot rods I saw around town. currently in Arkansas on the way back to bama. Maxed out marine treated me awesome but that will be another thread. Great experience all the way around.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forever Resorts offers houseboat rentals on Lake Mead and Lake Powell. Wonderful way to spend your next vacation in Arizona. Get details http://www.foreverhouseboats.com/