Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
Any chance of getting a Northwest Section? >

Any chance of getting a Northwest Section?

Notices

Any chance of getting a Northwest Section?

Old 11-23-2017, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello

Totally new to the boat scene... Just purchased my first boat a couple months ago. Picked up a really nice Mirage Trovare 257! I am really looking forward to getting out and doing some poker runs and get together's this coming summer. I would love to see a NW forum on this page. So far I have found some great info and inspiration on offshoreonly.com I am also looking for some help finding a good boat shop to help me with a few things and some future upgrades I would like to make to my boat. I have talked to a few shops around the Seattle are but most aren't very interested in my "old" boat.... I think my boat still has a lot of life left and I love it. If any of you are from the Seattle area and have any info on a good shop or cool events please let me know. Can't wait for summer!

Howard
Old 11-23-2017, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Howard, there's the Lake Chelan annual poker run you maybe interested to participate in and meat people from all over the NW. Mirages are very popular in Washington, not very well known anywhere else. Well built boats. What year is yours?

Lake Chelan Boating Club Poker Run 2017 « Lake Chelan
Old 11-23-2017, 10:43 PM
Registered

Yes! I have heard of the Chelan Poker run and I plan on attending this year! I have also heard of a fun run in late September on Lake Washington that I plan on attending! Lake Washington is 20 min from the house.

My 257 is a 1992 with a 502 and Bravo one. I have seen pics and videos of your boat!!! I love it! I wish I had twins in my boat!

Like I said I'm very new to the boating world as this is my first boat. I borrowed a friends 21' bow rider over the last summer and had a blast with the family on the water but knew right away I wanted a bigger faster boat! I found this 257 shortly after and fell in love! She runs really good and is in great shape for 25 years old and 800 hrs. I really want to work some more speed out of her though! Cruises great at 50-55mph and I had it up to 75 on the speedo which I've verified to be about 5mph fast... I really can't wait to get out there with a few other go fast boats and see if she can hold her own?! I am a Ford Senior Master Diesel Tech by trade so the mechanical of the boat shouldn't be a problem for me to work on just don't really know what kind of stuff to do to work more speed out of her? I have a decent amount of work to do this winter on the boat and the trailer... The trailer is in rough shape... So this winters plan is to get everything as reliable as possible and clean up some very interesting wiring on the boat and trailer. Then have fun hitting up as many events and lakes as I can this summer and if all goes well some performance mods will be on the books for next winter!!

Any chances you will be attending any events in Washington this summer ? I would love to see your boat in person!

Howard
Old 11-23-2017, 11:10 PM
Registered

I am trying to post a couple pics of the boat but it wont let me until i have 10 post... I guess i need to go find some post i like and post on them!
Old 11-23-2017, 11:35 PM
Registered

ok here are some pics!
The first one was at Ivars Salmon House in seattle on Lake Washington

Old 11-26-2017, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Howard, I added you to a few of the Facebook pokerrun pages for this area. Hope to see you out there next summer
Old 11-26-2017, 12:52 PM
Registered

Thanks John!!! You definitely will! I am super excited for the summer! Are there any fun winter outings anyone knows about? My wife was talking about doing the Christmas boats on Lake Washington but I don't know if my loud go fast boat really fits the idle around and listen to Christmas music bill...Lol
Old 10-03-2018, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id also be interested in a Northwest forum.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Like to have a NW too

I’m new here just bought a cigarette boat looking for places to go with groups
Old 02-25-2019, 08:32 AM
Registered

Welcome! Beautiful boat!
There are a few local poker runs and meet ups. There is a local facebook group too. pm me and I'll try to get you into the facebook group.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.