Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
Might be moving to bakersfield ca places to boat? >

Might be moving to bakersfield ca places to boat?

Notices

Might be moving to bakersfield ca places to boat?

Old 04-05-2020, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Might be moving to bakersfield ca places to boat?

Have a 38 fastec. Might be moving to bakersfield end of year. Whats places to go with boat ramps for 38ft boat besides havasu?
Old 04-05-2020, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

The Delta, Isleton, CA
Old 04-05-2020, 02:09 PM
Registered

Thankyou will google it. Alot of fast boats there?
Old 04-05-2020, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Yes, The delta is awesome. Discovery bay or Orwood resort are great ramps.Bob Teague has a second home there
Old 04-05-2020, 06:37 PM
Registered

Looks like it would be a 4hr trip from bakersfield
is there any performance boating on the west coast by ventura beach etc? That beach is 1.5 hrs away
Old 05-14-2020, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

its not 4 hrs. Ventura ocean boating can be rough. Oxnard and Ventura have great marinas. The fall is the best water usually. As far as performance boating the Delta is the spot. The summer is full of events for performance crowd.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

We boat out of Channel Islands Harbor / Ventura County. Have boated out here since I was a kid. The channel islands start only 14 miles out (Anacapa Island) and it's like a different world once you're out there. The weather can be tricky, like Fossil Fuel said, the best boating out here is in the fall )Sept - Dec as the santa ana winds keep things warm and lays the water down flat. With the WIndy App and NOAA app it's a lot easier to boat out into the big blue than it used to be since you can pretty much pin point how conditions are going to be. We like doing lunch runs up to Santa Barbara, or quick runs up to Ventura Harbor, or head down to Malibu and check out the beaches and crazy houses. Are go to is the islands though. Discovery Bay is pretty much the epi-center of Ca. for performance boating. The scene in Newport, Long Beach, Hunting beach died when the recession hit and really hasn't recovered. The Ventura County area has always been light on performance boats, but theres a few around. The mecca for performance boating on the west coast though is Lake Havasu. Make a good weekend destination from Bako. But day trip to Channel Islands can be good. Our boat isn't done having some upgrades done to it yet but when it is, let me know if you want to come out and I can show you around and we can run. Here's some pics of running around the islands.

Tank

The following users liked this post:
frickstyle (08-12-2020)
Old 08-13-2020, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 1,285 Likes on 474 Posts

Very Nice.
Didn’t there used to be a lodge on one of the islands?
Old 08-14-2020, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by hoodoo
Very Nice.
Didn’t there used to be a lodge on one of the islands?
No, no lodge. But Santa Cruz, the second Island out, has a couple farms and a runway for planes. Anacapa has a light house and a couple two story old buildings that the park rangers use to live in while out there. I think you can see them in a couple of the pics above.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Awesome pics Tank as usual! Havazoo, the river, and Catalina are all on the boating bucket list! My goal is to get my 18 jet bote project done and tow out for like a 2 week family vacation... some day!
The following users liked this post:
thisistank (08-14-2020)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.