Lake Michigan race >

Lake Michigan race

Notices

Lake Michigan race

Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Michigan race

I'm bringing a Superboat International race to Lake Michigan in August and we'd love to have some LBL-area fans come up for the gig.
I'm a Murray State guy, so your area is my second home. We'd love to welcome some race fans from my old stomping grounds.

PRESS RELEASE
Michigan City, IN (Dec. 2, 2008) - The LaPorte County Convention and Visitors Bureau announced this week that it has been awarded a sanctioned race date on the 2009 Super Boat International offshore powerboat racing schedule.
Super Boat International President John Carbonell awarded the LPCCVB the race date of Aug. 7-9, 2009.
The event will be held in Washington Park on the southern shore of Lake Michigan and will feature many of the world’s fastest, most powerful offshore powerboats racing along a six mile course in front of thousands of fans along Washington Park Beach.
“Michigan City has the main ingredients for a Super Boat International race. With this people friendly race course and pit location, spectators can line the beach and have an awesome view. I am looking forward to working with LaPorte County Convention and Visitors Bureau on this outstanding event”, Carbonell said.
Super Boat International currently runs a 10-race schedule, with the majority of the races held in the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico in Florida. The race in Michigan City, Indiana now joins two other races outside of Florida, in North Carolina and New York City, on the Hudson River. The Michigan City race is the only SBI race on the Great Lakes.
Along with the excitement of the races, the weekend will include the opportunity to get up close and personal with the massive boats and their drivers and teams during a public boat parade and public block party.
The CVB also is planning a classic car show and live music featuring local bands as part of the festivities.
Jason Miller, Sports Development Manager with the CVB, said this week the race promises to be a boon for Michigan City, LaPorte County, Super Boat International and teams and sponsors.
“We couldn’t be more excited about this opportunity,” Miller said. “We want to thank Super Boat International for giving us this wonderful opportunity and we look forward to creating not only an economic driver in LaPorte County, but an event the area can be proud of for years to come.”
For further information Jason Miller can be reached at 219.872.5055 or at [email protected]. John Carbonell can be reached by telephone at (305) 296-6166 or by email at [email protected].
Old 01-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mama tryed
Cool!!!!!!!
Bring your friends!