Old 08-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like a good time was had.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Hey John, We were parked behind you Sat.. It was a little to far to swim this time. I enjoyed watching ya'lls boats go up and down, up and down......
Old 08-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, I sent you a message.... Saw Polk in there a couple times too.

The waves were fun because the idiot's in the Baja and other runabouts aren't educated enough to use an anchor. They just think they can drop a 3# mushroom straight down and expect it to hold a boat. That end of the line kept pulling backwards and would pull us right into the wake coming into us from the side. If they had anchors AND had them set right, it would've been a lot different. The guys on my starboard side pulled up with no fenders and 1 rope. I should've just told them to leave.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by jonyb
Yep, I sent you a message.... Saw Polk in there a couple times too.

The waves were fun because the idiot's in the Baja and other runabouts aren't educated enough to use an anchor. They just think they can drop a 3# mushroom straight down and expect it to hold a boat. That end of the line kept pulling backwards and would pull us right into the wake coming into us from the side. If they had anchors AND had them set right, it would've been a lot different. The guys on my starboard side pulled up with no fenders and 1 rope. I should've just told them to leave.
We did run a few people off. We asked if the had bumpers and it was sad what they held up. Fvcking rookies.....
Old 08-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Registered

I'll copy/paste the "Public Service Announcement to Boater's" that my friend posted on wakeboardnashville about that.....
Old 08-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Haugy
BOAT OWNER ADVISORY:

Things you MUST HAVE in your boat. Especially if you own something over $1,000. This is not a recommendation. This is a MUST HAVE list. Because I'm to the point that if you pull up to me, without any of these items, I'm gonna tell you to move along.

- FENDERS, jumping jesus how do you guys justify spending 40,50,60,70 thousand dollars on a boat, and then don't have any damn fenders? And I'm not talking about some Wal-mart fenders that couldn't stop a hamster in a dead sprint. I'm talking about the real shock absorbing fenders you can get at West Marine or Bass Pro Shops. And in case you didn't know this, they don't float in the air. So get a small rope to tie them off with. All you need is 4 good fenders, and 4 small 4ft ropes.

-ROPE again, read the previous statement. Do you just hope God holds it in place when you dock your boat? Or tie up to other boaters? And 3ft is not enough rope. Get you an 8ft or more rope that is THICK. Not some camping twine from Wal-mart.

-Anchor. It's a big hook like aparatus. It's nifty, because it will help hold your boat in place, without a dock. And here's a tip. Dropping it straight down is like putting a condom on your finger instead of your dick. POINTLESS!!!! Run a line 30-50 yds out. Floating out of control is not cool. It's just idiotic.

While many would laugh at these comments thinking, any idiot knows this. Well it was not apparent this weekend. I didn't bring my boat out Sunday because I was tired of it getting bashed because someone was too lazy or ignorant. I was tired of working my ass off trying to protect my boat and my friends because people were too lazy or ignorant to practice simple boating etiquette.

So please people, practice smart boating. Hell it's your investment, watch it get destroyed if that's how you roll. But don't pull up to me with that mentality.

Yes, I'm an *******. Yes, I pay for my own stuff.