Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   WKYPA (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/wkypa-236/)
-   -   Where to buy vacation home on kyl. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/wkypa/257768-where-buy-vacation-home-kyl.html)

hogie roll 12-01-2012 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by FuelinAround (Post 3450980)
Moors is exactly where we would like to be. What are the general price ranges in that area?

My folks sold 231 Eleanor drive in 2009 for 385k. It was awesome. Best dock on the lake.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/23...33935755_zpid/

bigredbaja 03-03-2013 08:33 PM

Bend of the Rivers Condo

For you guys that have a place a Bend of the Rivers where do you launch? We looked at a place there today but i am really concerned about the ramps in the area. Buzz Rock Marina is one lane, dont even think i could get through the lot when its full of trucks and trailers, the second ramp just before Buzzard Rock looks like a possibility but i dont recall seeing a dock so picking up who ever drives the truck is a problem. Nearest alternative seems to be Kuttawa Marina about 15 minutes away.

snapmorgan 03-03-2013 10:17 PM

There is a courtesy dock at the ramp on Buzzard rock road. They may have just pulled it out for winter or repairs, although it was brand new 2 years ago.

bigredbaja 03-04-2013 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by snapmorgan (Post 3878782)
There is a courtesy dock at the ramp on Buzzard rock road. They may have just pulled it out for winter or repairs, although it was brand new 2 years ago.

Thats good to know it must just be out for the winter. after talking with my wife last night we felt like Kuttawa Marina was a good alternative even if it is a few miles down the road. We have been spoiled by KY Dam ramp so now anything less seems like a problem but it would be a trade off for a place at the lake.

snapmorgan 03-04-2013 02:31 PM

Have you made an offer? Which unit?

bigredbaja 03-04-2013 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by snapmorgan (Post 3879156)

Not yet still gathering information, we have never purchased a condo before getting a small mortgage loan seems a lot different the HOA has to be approved with the lender and I am still looking for one in the area that knows the BOR HOA. Any suggestions?

snapmorgan 03-05-2013 12:53 PM

I know some friends of ours used 5/3 bank for their financing. Mine was cheap, didn't have to finance.

bradm 03-06-2013 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by snapmorgan (Post 3879156)

Bigredbaja,

We bought there last summer - really like it so far. People have been great.

Have gone to a couple HOA Board meetings, and heard people mentioning Chase, Wells Fargo, and most of national banks as mortgage holders.

One thing that has came up is the new FEMA Flood Plain Maps. Some of the land at BOR is in the flood plain, but the Board has had a licensed surveyor perform a survey and verified NO buildings at BOR are in the flood plain.

Paperwork has been filed with FEMA to get us off the maps so mortgage holder won't force you to get Flood insurance, but gov't takes forever.....

If you get to point that comes up with your lendor, contact the Board - they can help with getting you a copy of documentation filed with FEMA proving no way any buildings in flood plain.

The unit above us is for sale, listing with realtor has expired so no longer listed. My wife has contact info for the owners. It's a 2 bed room, 2 bath.

I also found out the ramp at Moon Bay is also open to public - I thought was private ramp, but some folks put in over there. I have not used it, only used one at Buzzard Rock.

Good luck with the search - hope to have you as a new neighbor!

Brad

bigredbaja 03-26-2013 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by bradm (Post 3881006)
Bigredbaja,

We bought there last summer - really like it so far. People have been great.

Have gone to a couple HOA Board meetings, and heard people mentioning Chase, Wells Fargo, and most of national banks as mortgage holders.

One thing that has came up is the new FEMA Flood Plain Maps. Some of the land at BOR is in the flood plain, but the Board has had a licensed surveyor perform a survey and verified NO buildings at BOR are in the flood plain.

Paperwork has been filed with FEMA to get us off the maps so mortgage holder won't force you to get Flood insurance, but gov't takes forever.....

If you get to point that comes up with your lendor, contact the Board - they can help with getting you a copy of documentation filed with FEMA proving no way any buildings in flood plain.

The unit above us is for sale, listing with realtor has expired so no longer listed. My wife has contact info for the owners. It's a 2 bed room, 2 bath.

I also found out the ramp at Moon Bay is also open to public - I thought was private ramp, but some folks put in over there. I have not used it, only used one at Buzzard Rock.

Good luck with the search - hope to have you as a new neighbor!

Brad

Its unit 3G in the first building as you come into the property, we have signed pruchase agreement and hope to close around April 9th, home insoection turned up a couple if minor issues and one slightly larger issue with the windows on the second level. But nothing i dont think we cant resolve with the seller. My wife and i are really looking foward to getting the keys and doing some painting so its ready for Memorial Day weekend. I rented a 16'x50' storage unit at Safeway Storage near the Kuttawa ramp so i can leave the truck and 288 all hooked up and roll in and out each weekend.

snapmorgan 03-27-2013 08:58 AM

Congrats. Come over and visit us in 11F. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks the weather will make a change for the better and everyone will start coming down. We were boating this weekend last year doing some prop testing before going to Desert Storm.