2013 KY Lake poker run >

2013 KY Lake poker run

Notices

2013 KY Lake poker run

Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigredbaja
They allow you to park your boat on the lawn in front of the hotel. if your boat is larger that 21' i would'nt pull around back its very tight and on a steep gravel hill side. I've watched guys struggle to move a bass boat around back there. The Moors is very nice as well and given the choice i would go there the ramps are small but there are plenty of 30 footers that launch there and its kind of the "place to be" on the weekends. Jsut remember BYOB its all dry unless you go 40 miles south on the lake to Breakers or Fat Daddys.
Good info ,thnx
Old 03-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Registered

Glad to see an fun run for our area. I had posted recently on getting together a powerboat club and state1310 told me to check out wkypa. I just hadnt heard of the club yet. We will be in for a run any time that works for everyone else. I would be glad to help with putting a run together or whatever. I live in Benton and grew up on Ky lake.
Contact me at [email protected] if there is anything i can do.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Has anyone actually agreed to show up and run on June 8, or just thing about it.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

I agree that the Moors is a great place to stay. One warning though, the ramp we had to use didn't have much of a slope at all. My boat sits high on the trailer and I had to power on/off it all weekend last year for the fun run.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
I agree that the Moors is a great place to stay. One warning though, the ramp we had to use didn't have much of a slope at all. My boat sits high on the trailer and I had to power on/off it all weekend last year for the fun run.
Is the KY Dam state park ramp still there ???
Old 03-31-2013, 08:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

We put in at Kuttawa Harbor Marina on Barkley all last summer, a very nice boat ramp,
Old 03-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 253
Has anyone actually agreed to show up and run on June 8, or just thing about it.
im in for sure on the 8th . already reserved a cabin at moors .
Old 03-31-2013, 11:32 AM
Registered

We plan on coming down. Just took the boat out yesterday for the maiden voyage and she performed amazing. Can't wait to get her out on some bigger water. See you guys there.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:42 AM
Registered

We are in for the 8th. I'll also round up a few other buddies that are always up for a run. Big Bear resort is very nice with the arguably the best public ramp on the lake. Its in the same bay as The Moors. It may be too early to get into specifics, i was just thinking about a meeting time/place. The Moors is as good place as any for me. Its a good marina and the only place on either lake you can get premium fuel. Its about 7-8 miles south of Kentucky Dam Marina, so only slightly closer to Tennessee. Fat Daddys is good with me, we go there a couple times a year and always have a good time. I thought I might throw out going to The Breakers for a new place if you havent been there. Its about 4 miles north of Fat Daddys before you get to the 79 bridge. Its very nice with deep marina without the dangers of standing rock creek. They ususally have a band on Sat. Just spit ballin here.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by PRIMECUT
Is the KY Dam state park ramp still there ???
yes it still there and is a good ramp for any size boat parking can be tough if there is a bass tourney on the weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.