41 Apache Warrior

Notices

41 Apache Warrior

Old 11-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I wish. No, it's a boat I bought several years back- It was decent but not stellar. Had the same issues- small shaft III's, fuel tank went up front, etc. Hull was flawless on it but the transom was a bit sloppy from amateur tinkering. I paid $48K for that one. Was sort of a panic situation for the seller.
I wouldn't doubt if this one sells for less than that.....and has some of that work done already (fuel tank)
Old 11-28-2007, 05:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
I wouldn't doubt if this one sells for less than that.....and has some of that work done already (fuel tank)
Had I known that at the time, I'd be a 2 Apache project guy!

Seriously, I got the major-league brushoff from brokers this summer & fall. Yeah, I had 50 or 60 grand to drop, not $600K. Still, I was ready to show up tomorrow with a bag of cash. As soon as we got past what the broker had in the ad, they were no longer interested in me. If I wanted pics, a former survey or even some basic questions asked, my calls ceased to be returned. It was an eye-opener.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same trouble with a broker at mears point named Mike.

I expressed some interest in an old 40 Excalibur Hawk, I requested more recent pictures of the boat and he started back peddling.

I think that the boat has some moisture problems and the pictures of it online are a few years old.

I like the picture on Chris Sunkin's avatar, there isn't any thing that a little carpet bombing can't fix.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
I heard a rumor your brother bought a Scarab with 900's....or is going to buy one????

There was a deal pending on the boat and I gave the person a lot of info and so did my friend... Even offered to put him in touch with Steve.... For whatever reason they were like 5-10K apart in price and I think the deal fell thru...

We've been down this road a bunch of times about this boat..... There are receipts for work done....new heads, drives done, trans rebuilt...new fuel tank in the bow etc... yet no one believes... I'm sick of sticking up for this boat.... It's cheap...either buy it and make of it what you want or just leave it alone already...
Panther(Frank )its actually me thats real close on the Larry Smith.Bad Boat.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by REDDEATH
Panther(Frank )its actually me thats real close on the Larry Smith.Bad Boat.
Cool!

Not sure if you knew but Jeff did the engines in my Apache, excellent work!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Registered

If you are intrested please call Tony I have delt with him and Peter before and they have always been stright, and have never brushed me off!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Registered

Love them Pache's

I am interested in this boat, I like the information that everyone has provided.

However I don’t appreciate it when somebody feels the need to be negative. I have been a member of this site for a few years and I post very little, if I feel that I don’t have anything positive to contribute I just don’t say anything. I realize that compared to a new 1.5 million dollar boat that this older boat pales in comparison but even if I had the money I still wouldn’t spent that much on a boat.

I really like the look of older boats to the point where if you set two boats side by side one new and one 20 years old, I will more than likely compliment the older boat. Most of my friends have older boats.

My reasoning is that it takes more attention to detail to maintain an older boat to a high standard than it does to go drop 500,000 dollars on a new boat, call me a traditionalist.

I really like the 41’ Apache and if I can make the right deal on it I would take it home. As for the aesthetics of the cockpit and cabin they are dated looking but as long as they are functional I could address them later.

As for the wiring, if I can wire a fighter airplane that’s subjected to 10g’s then I think I can handle this boat, the main thing I am worried about is the engines, drives and moisture content of the hull.

However there is a big difference in buying a boat you can take your wife out in a week after you get it home, instead of six months later.

As for calling extreme marine, I could but it cost 50 cents a minute to call from Afghanistan where I am currently working. So I have been e-mailing the sellers of the boats that I’m interested in to help eliminate a lot of wasted time and money. Normally I would call everyone and talk at length about the boats in detail but that will have to wait until I get back to the states.

I appreciate everyone’s help and it has helped me narrow my search down to two boats, I am just waiting on some information from the sellers right now.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Registered

The hull is dry!
Old 12-01-2007, 11:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by John.Vaught
I like the picture on Chris Sunkin's avatar, there isn't any thing that a little carpet bombing can't fix.
That's courtesy of the 8th Air Force at Barksdale Alabama, Home of the BUFF

Visit their gift shop...

http://www.8afmuseum.net/giftshop/decals/decals.htm
Old 12-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Registered

That's courtesy of the 8th Air Force at Barksdale Alabama, Home of the BUFF
Good old Barksdale, one of my ex girlfriends PCSed to there in 2001.

The hull is dry!
I'm glad that hull is dry, if it wasn't that would be a crying shame. I like that old boat, do you think they would deal on it any?

Does that boat have an enclosed head? Is there anything I should know about an on board crapper, I have never had one before.

Last edited by John.Vaught; 12-02-2007 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Forgort to ask.

Quick Reply: 41 Apache Warrior

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.