Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
41 Apache Warrior >

41 Apache Warrior

Notices

41 Apache Warrior

Old 11-28-2007, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the typo ,if i can help in any way please call me at (732)-977-7244 as i said iam pretty familar with the boat in question.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by REDDEATH
Sorry for the typo ,if i can help in any way please call me at (732)-977-7244 as i said iam pretty familar with the boat in question.
I heard a rumor your brother bought a Scarab with 900's....or is going to buy one????

There was a deal pending on the boat and I gave the person a lot of info and so did my friend... Even offered to put him in touch with Steve.... For whatever reason they were like 5-10K apart in price and I think the deal fell thru...

We've been down this road a bunch of times about this boat..... There are receipts for work done....new heads, drives done, trans rebuilt...new fuel tank in the bow etc... yet no one believes... I'm sick of sticking up for this boat.... It's cheap...either buy it and make of it what you want or just leave it alone already...
Old 11-28-2007, 02:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
I heard a rumor your brother bought a Scarab with 900's....or is going to buy one????

There was a deal pending on the boat and I gave the person a lot of info and so did my friend... Even offered to put him in touch with Steve.... For whatever reason they were like 5-10K apart in price and I think the deal fell thru...

We've been down this road a bunch of times about this boat..... There are receipts for work done....new heads, drives done, trans rebuilt...new fuel tank in the bow etc... yet no one believes... I'm sick of sticking up for this boat.... It's cheap...either buy it and make of it what you want or just leave it alone already...

I called Mark myself when it first hit the market- I was looking for a boat to use while mine was in the re-do. He knew nothing about the boat and told me nothing beyond telling me the pics were an accurate representation of the boat's condition and that it was basically all factory original. Big emphasis placed on "as-is". I believe he said it had not been in the water since he'd had it but my recollection is not 100% on that.

Either the owner could do a better job of providing info on the real condition and all that has been done or maybe find a broker who would be a bit more aggressive with it. Getting on here himself an addrerssing some of these issues would probably help him get it moved as well. Had I known all this was done and it was verifiable, I probably would have bought it.

It could be a nice boat and that short-stagger is pretty rare. Without good info, one has to assume the typical Apache maladies.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I called Mark myself when it first hit the market- I was looking for a boat to use while mine was in the re-do. He knew nothing about the boat and told me nothing beyond telling me the pics were an accurate representation of the boat's condition and that it was basically all factory original. Big emphasis placed on "as-is". I believe he said it had not been in the water since he'd had it but my recollection is not 100% on that.

Either the owner could do a better job of providing info on the real condition and all that has been done or maybe find a broker who would be a bit more aggressive with it. Getting on here himself an addrerssing some of these issues would probably help him get it moved as well. Had I known all this was done and it was verifiable, I probably would have bought it.

It could be a nice boat and that short-stagger is pretty rare. Without good info, one has to assume the typical Apache maladies.

I have consistently offered information about this boat since it first hit the market and if there was something I didn't know I could find out. Only 1 or 2 people contacted me about the boat, both of which were put in direct contact with the owner "at that time." He could have posted ever single detail about the boat and people would still bash it...that's just the nature of OSO... I sure hope I never have to sell MY boat on here...

He doesn't need to get it moved because he doesn't own it anymore....it was given to Charity, so if someone wants to purchase it they have to go thru the charity now...

BTW, how much did you pay for your Apache?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:10 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He could have posted ever single detail about the boat and people would still bash it...that's just the nature of OSO... I sure hope I never have to sell MY boat on here...

He doesn't need to get it moved because he doesn't own it anymore....it was given to Charity, so if someone wants to purchase it they have to go thru the charity now...
Exactly...
http://www.custommarinesales.com/cla...age=out&id=115
Old 11-28-2007, 03:21 PM

BTW, how much did you pay for your Apache?
I bought a Cig 35, not a second Apache. I might have a deal going now on my semi-completed project that would let me bail but keep the 6's and my motors. I'm really interested in a 3-pack 41 ex-racer if I could find one. I'll just keep the 35 for taking the buddies/kids/etc.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I bought a Cig 35, not a second Apache. I might have a deal going now on my semi-completed project that would let me bail but keep the 6's and my motors. I'm really interested in a 3-pack 41 ex-racer if I could find one. I'll just keep the 35 for taking the buddies/kids/etc.
I thought you owned a project Apache? did you inherit it?
Old 11-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I didn't want to irritate anyone, I just like the boat and wanted to know if it could be used for about two seasons before being torn down.

I planed on taking the arch off and going to solid white and leaving the bright colors in the cockpit.

I am no rich man by any means and I normally try to buy things worth the money.

I take pride in the hard work I put in to my projects.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by John.Vaught
Hey I didn't want to irritate anyone, I just like the boat and wanted to know if it could be used for about two seasons before being torn down.

I planed on taking the arch off and going to solid white and leaving the bright colors in the cockpit.

I am no rich man by any means and I normally try to buy things worth the money.

I take pride in the hard work I put in to my projects.
John,

I'f you're serious about the boat let me know what kind of information you need. Please PM me so that the OSO experts don't interfere...

It hasn't been used in a few years but the last time the old owner used it the cylinder heads were new, drives gone over and trans rebuilt. The boat spend most of its life here in NJ and Steve was an Apache fanatic.

The boat needs wiring, guages etc. Like the add says, it needs TLC....

Here's an idea, if you're serious tell them you wont buy the boat unless you can do a sea trial....
If they wont do a sea trial then don't bother...I know Steve would have given you a sea trial.....

Frank
Old 11-28-2007, 04:23 PM

I thought you owned a project Apache? did you inherit it?
I wish. No, it's a boat I bought several years back- It was decent but not stellar. Had the same issues- small shaft III's, fuel tank went up front, etc. Hull was flawless on it but the transom was a bit sloppy from amateur tinkering. I paid $48K for that one. Was sort of a panic situation for the seller.

Quick Reply: 41 Apache Warrior

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.