The New Checkmate/baja

Notices

The New Checkmate/baja

Old 02-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wantingmore
PS...

that's the best looking Checkmate I've seen in a long time...
now thats true I had or my fathers 1st boat was a cm 14ft back in the 70s, I always thought CMand baja were good boats not cheap but my baja was in 88 24,000 from my friends place I was 2nd owner in 90 my other friend sold it to order a new boat with his new wife in late 89 it was the new 250sport, I don't like built in swimplatforms looks euro. it seems old CMs like in 88 to mid 90s had sq back like mine then they had the built in swim p and I thought it looked bad at least baja stayed with the ol thats all I like thats me.and hate windshields cause when they break you get cut up bad at I did thatys why I went to a ol faring. so I think this boat is like the CMs out there with the windshields and built in platforms. old shool is sq back with a add on. I hope they do well its not like outerlimits used a 24ft baja mold, then I would be sissed if I owned a ol.faja and ch are on the same class. both were built by hand laid not chopper, I think the new bajas tryed some cold mold 2piece cabin that didn't work as well as they though and reggie is back to handlaid.good luck and hope to make it to loto for a kilo run in the 24 class with the new DEAN GELLNER BLOWER MOTORand small pulley if needed to break the record. so good luck to both co. art

Last edited by AIR TIME; 02-17-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WOTW2E
This is gonna hurt so read at your own risk.

Truth of the matter is Checkmate sales have fallen drastically (not only under Doug's reign but also long before Doug took over). The Checkmate styling is very niche oriented. The "hardcore-oldschool" Checkmate guys were buying a boat or two a month. That boat or two each month is not enough revenue to keep the doors open in the plant. They (Checkmate) are trying to chase boat sales just like every other builder in the country. The new stuff is going to help those doors stay open. The upshoot is as long as the doors are open you'll still be able to buy that "oldschool" Checkmate that you all love.

Anybody offended here, catch up with me this summer and I'll buy you a beer.

you are a good soul, but I'am not
Old 02-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
No way! The bills from the Channel Mark, The Beached Whale, The Cottage, and the Lani Kai would break you!
I actually spent an a$$load of money at each of those places this past Saturday. You're right, it would probably break me...

but what a way to go

PS. You guys are still invited.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
now thats true I had or my fathers 1st boat was a cm 14ft back in the 70s, I always thought CMand baja were good boats not cheap but my baja was in 88 24,000 from my friends place I was 2nd owner in 90 my other friend sold it to order a new boat with his new wife in late 89 it was the new 250sport, I don't like built in swimplatforms looks euro. it seems old CMs like in 88 to mid 90s had sq back like mine then they had the built in swim p and I thought it looked bad at least baja stayed with the ol thats all I like thats me.and hate windshields cause when they break you get cut up bad at I did thatys why I went to a ol faring. so I think this boat is like the CMs out there with the windshields and built in platforms. old shool is sq back with a add on. I hope they do well its not like outerlimits used a 24ft baja mold, then I would be sissed if I owned a ol.faja and ch are on the same class. both were built by hand laid not chopper, I think the new bajas tryed some cold mold 2piece cabin that didn't work as well as they though and reggie is back to handlaid.good luck and hope to make it to loto for a kilo run in the 24 class with the new DEAN GELLNER BLOWER MOTORand small pulley if needed to break the record. so good luck to both co. art

The Checkmate ZT is the one with a built in platform the Convincor to this day does not have a built in platform
Old 02-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PURPLE HORNET
The Checkmate ZT is the one with a built in platform the Convincor to this day does not have a built in platform
thats kool then I hated it when I saw one with the zt I quess.