Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Baja 35 by Fountain? ??? Who has one? >

Baja 35 by Fountain? ??? Who has one?

Notices

Baja 35 by Fountain? ??? Who has one?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We prolly got the same "recipe" from Brett. I love the 30's. They just make the boat feel better than the 28 stock props. I have ran 84 in ideal conditions. Everyday it is about 82. We are back at home with the boat this weekend, going to go on the miss with about 6 mph current we'll see what I get out of it then. What do you think about the cones?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Registered

If I was you I'd look into buying cases and shafts and put your guts in a -2 shorty..JMO though.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thats a good idea,,,do you have, what the cost would be per drive to change the gears,,,and do you have a recomendation for a good drive guy in michigan,,,or do you feel any mercury service shop could handle the job???
Old 09-08-2009, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by TWIN-SPINS
do you have a recomendation for a good drive guy in michigan,,,or do you feel any mercury service shop could handle the job???

Get a hold of Mr Gadgets here on OSO.

He's a drive guru, and in Michigan.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Registered

second on the Kudo's on Mr Gadgets, Dick Tryce. Extremely honest, he has taught Ian a lot and has walked him through some things via phone. He has even worked on our drives while Ian waited and was able to drive them home the same day. He is in Holland MI and does this at night and on the weekends, to the best of my knowledge he only works on Mercs. I don't think he would mind me posting his numbers, just not sure which is cell and which is home 616-665-8446 or 616-403-1006. Tell him Donna and Ian sent you.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 09-08-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Registered

Larry btw do you keep your boat on a hoist on the north east side of the island, I was riding my bike around there on Saturday morning and saw a boat on a hoist on the side of a house with a for sale sign on it, was that yours???? will you be at LEOPA this Saturday?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

no i dont live on the water,,,i rack it in gibraltar,,,i also plan on doing the fall run this saturday,,,by the way, what if the weather is raining,,do they ever call it off???
Old 09-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Registered

so far in the last five years it has not rained hard enough to call it off, it is just light rain or chance of rain we go. However we usually have had good weather, sometimes it has rained hard and we stay at a card stop longer, then the sun comes, MI weather, you just can't count on it. The forecast however looks pretty good for a poker run, not to hot, and so far no chance of rain. Have you done a LEOPA run before? We will be there Friday night and so should a lot of other club members, so try to stop by for a drink. I will be the blond with the little yorkie.

Say hi to Cindy for me, I have not seen her in years. Donna

Sorry for the interuption Jason, now back to your topic.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 09-09-2009 at 08:17 AM.