Stringer's on 272? >

Stringer's on 272?

Notices

Stringer's on 272?

Old 05-01-2003, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stringer's on 272?

My lag screws on my passenger/port side bolster have come loose and someone asked me if these lag screws attached to the stringer? I responded, "well I don't know, that is a good question."

So, how far do the stringer's run up? Anyone know?

I plan on using the same stuff (ordered from Doc Holiday) Tank used to get my lag screws to hold tight. Seems like Tank had good results using this stuff and I hope I do too. The lag screws are just not biting anymore.

Thank goes out to my buddy Doc. Geez, as much as I call on ya for stuff you should keep my credit card on file

Mike
Old 05-01-2003, 02:59 PM
Registered

No. The seats are not leged to the stringers. The one on the inside need to be thru-bolted, but there is not much you can do about the ones on the outside.

Warren
High Priority Offshore
Old 05-01-2003, 03:13 PM
Registered

If I understand you correctly, the bolts on the inside (the ones on the right side looking towards the bow/front of the boat) of the port bolster are thru bolted and the ones on the outside (the ones on the left) are lagged in?

I'm getting some good stuff, I think its some type of liquid metal stuff, that Mark Terry has seen some great results from industrial type applications.

There is another user who had the same problem as me that ordered this stuff from Mark and used it and has had great results with it. Hope I do too.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:11 PM
Registered

LUV-N-IT

I had the same problem with the lag screws that held the rear bench seat on my old Force320. I used large drywall anchors to fix it.
Just an idea.

Jeff
Old 05-02-2003, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Check out this link to a discussion on the same problem. You can get toggle screws to fix the problem with the outside lag screws.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=44499

Allen
Old 05-02-2003, 07:53 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

I had this same issue when I had the shooter. What I did was remove the bolser and used West System 404 filler with epoxy. I made a "cup" with fibergalss cloth and filled it. When it was wet, I coated those threded stainless inserts with PVA mold release and placed them into the eopxy wet. I used a template I made out of cardboard which matched the bolt patter. After it dried I put the bolster back in and used SS bolts insted of those crappy lags they use. IMO this is way better that reusing the lags or the other mthod becuase I could easily unbolt the seat if I wanted to which is not theeasiest with toggles. This was rock solid.

Hope this helps...
Old 05-02-2003, 08:41 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the info everyone. Does anyone know where the stringers stop on the 272-just curious.