Engine upgrade in process.  ADVICE >

Engine upgrade in process. ADVICE

Notices

Engine upgrade in process. ADVICE

Old 04-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Jersco,
With a Dart single plane and a 4150 Holley the overall height is 32" from the bottom of a Canton 10qt oil pan to the top of a 3" Gaffrig flame arrestor. My Dominator carb measures 4" and the 4150 measures 3.5". So add 1/2" for the Dominator.
Attached Thumbnails Engine upgrade in process.  ADVICE-imag0815.jpg   Engine upgrade in process.  ADVICE-imag0817.jpg   Engine upgrade in process.  ADVICE-imag0819.jpg  

Old 04-09-2013, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANKS ROOKIE!
If you could get me one more measurement. I believe i need from the motor mounts to top of curb. I'm going to get her out of storage today and will upload pics tonight.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Registered

Need to elaborate a little more. I don't understand what you're looking for.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersco
THANKS ROOKIE!
If you could get me one more measurement. I believe i need from the motor mounts to top of curb. I'm going to get her out of storage today and will upload pics tonight.
You're pretty damn ballsy .That's what I like ,help a guy a little ,and he starts wearing you out with "but what about this"
maybe i'm off base ...You just don't even appear appreciative
Old 04-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Registered

Sorry Rookie I had a typo on "carb". What my request was, a measurement from motor mount to top of carb. I did not get her home today could not get into storage. What i'm going to do is put a level on the stringer motor mounts then measure to the bottom side of the sundeck, then open and measure again. This should give me what i need.

MOTOR,
maybe I'm missing something I believe i've said Thanks several times.
FYI Definition of thanks Thanks may refer to: Gratitude, an attitude of expression of thankfulness.
I'm a General Contractor, common with people wanting more. And someone says THANKS that almost as good as the pay check, but not quite, thanks dont pay the bills. LOL I do apperciate OSO site and amount of knowledgeable information among members!
Thanks again everyone!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Registered

I'll should be back out at the shop tomorrow. I'll get you the measurement from the center line of the top motor mount bolts to the top of the carb.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Registered

Thank you SIR!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Jersco
I'm not concerned, I'm 100% faithful this guy knows. Engine was machined at a famous funny car drivers shop here in the city i live.
P.S. I live in Central OHIO
390CC Intake Runners!!?? Is this 565 gonna be turning 8000RPM or running a blower with 20psi of boost? Whats the cam specs and compression? Who's the funny car guy who did the engine?

I'd be getting full hydraulic steering on a 21 Baja for sure even with a mild 502.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I started to make a long post on my thought's on those huge ports in a N.A.boat motor. But instead I would like to ask if you'll just let us know how it all works out ..I think that is to big for a driver / pleasure boat.
I didn't mean to offend you commenting about you wanting more measurements on engine to fit your boat. It is what it is.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:12 AM
Registered

NOt a problem Motor, glad you clarified!
Guys I'll be getting the specs yet this week to cuve your interest. This engine is going to produce HUGE power.
Hydraulic steering and new XR out drive are coming nxt week.
Again i'm not a engine guy but, i know how to fip a house or give you a custom kitchen.
Thunder, i did not say that a funny car guy build my engine but only machined in their shop. Not into throwing out names but i believe there are only 2-funny car champions from central ohio.

SIngle + no kids = toys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.