Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Eliminator
Hydromotive P5s >

Hydromotive P5s

Notices

Hydromotive P5s

Old 07-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

my boat has boxes and 1.36 ratio standard length bravo drives. My X is I believe even with the bottom of the boat. Im going to check that a lil closer this weekend.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Guys I am going to see how well I can get the P5's to hook up with the longer diffuser rings on them this week end. If the boat can get on plane like it does with the Bravo 4 blades then I am done! The way my boat feels with the Bravo props SUCKS! It feels about 2000lbs too heavy & the prop slip is a joke compared to the P5's. If the new rings don’t work then I will be installing a center tab for sure. If you guys look on eliminator's web site all of the new boats have them & when I talked to them directly the guy I spoke to said all of the new boats have them to get on plane because of the high X all the new boats are being built for top speed. Dana wants 2,500 for the center tab OUCH! then to have it installed? probably cost a total of 3000.00
Old 07-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NJDave
Dana wants 2,500 for the center tab OUCH! then to have it installed? probably cost a total of 3000.00
Save your money.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried the P5 and could not get on plane, the P5x's work great. I also tried unlabbed uncut Maximus and the holeshot and midrange were incredible but top end was awful I could not get to high rpm even with a 28 Maximus. I have run 30 Bravos labbed and unlabbed and of everything I have tried the 29 P5x is by far the best on my boat I am getting about 8% slip at WOT with light fuel and cold air. I do not have a tunnel tab and the P5x's do not blow out getting on plane for more than a second you can push the sticks all the way and leave them there unlike the bravo's.

Last edited by pstorti; 07-20-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NJDave
Well Guys I am going to see how well I can get the P5's to hook up with the longer diffuser rings on them this week end. If the boat can get on plane like it does with the Bravo 4 blades then I am done! The way my boat feels with the Bravo props SUCKS! It feels about 2000lbs too heavy & the prop slip is a joke compared to the P5's. If the new rings don’t work then I will be installing a center tab for sure. If you guys look on eliminator's web site all of the new boats have them & when I talked to them directly the guy I spoke to said all of the new boats have them to get on plane because of the high X all the new boats are being built for top speed. Dana wants 2,500 for the center tab OUCH! then to have it installed? probably cost a total of 3000.00
How did the reworked P5's end up running?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jdnca1
How did the reworked P5's end up running?
I have the Same problem. The props blow out & I think we found the problem. My drive shower water pick ups are fractions of an inch away from the prop blade and we think this is causing the turbulence & there for causing blow out. I am going to temporarily remove the drive shower pick ups and re try. If this solves the problem I will re locate the water pick ups. I will let you know after I test.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Registered

I know this thread is a little old, but I wanted to chime in. I hade P5's on my 99 Daytona when I got it. I have the same power as you. They are a semi cleaver prop. I a small issue with prop blow out, but not bad. I did not like mine because of the slugish top end on the boat. It ran 96-97mph on LOTO with the 5blade 30's and ran 102mph with the 4 blades. I know our x-dimensions are very low from the factory that year.

My boat did pick up 1 mph by turning the props in vs. out. I have attached a video of a 97mph run with the P5's.

http://media.putfile.com/at-speed