help with muddy water stains.. >

help with muddy water stains..

Notices

help with muddy water stains..

Old 08-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

every time ya'll use any acid based product, it is creating a temporary bandaid. Once used the boat has been etched, and will have to have some type of protection on it..but will always come back. try this..

LEVERAGE.....Fiberglass Stain Remover & Hull Cleaner;

The easy to use "Non Abrasive" Stain Remover. Formulated for use on ALL Fiberglass surfaces including Boats, RVs, Showers & more. Works great on Oil, Rust, Exhaust & Water line stains. Eco Friendly and safe enough to use in or around Fresh or Saltwater.

this has worked for me, and then I followed up with Leverage Polish. Ive been using this on my cat on the lift..I also use one capful of their boat soap, always shiny great results in less time. Good Luck. Jeff
Old 08-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Power One is a non-acid based product and works as fast if not faster than the acid based products. I showed it to a guy in one of the local boat yards (he was cleaning his boat with On Off, which is acid based) he was amazed at how fast and well it worked. My boat looks like it was dipped in coffee everytime we pull it out. I spray it on, and within seconds the brown stain is gone. I use Power One everytime I wash the boat.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
Power One is a non-acid based product and works as fast if not faster than the acid based products. I showed it to a guy in one of the local boat yards (he was cleaning his boat with On Off, which is acid based) he was amazed at how fast and well it worked. My boat looks like it was dipped in coffee everytime we pull it out. I spray it on, and within seconds the brown stain is gone. I use Power One everytime I wash the boat.
You should not have to use the product everytime if the pours of your boat were sealed properly. What do they have as a product that seals the gelcoat, closing the pours and keeping the brown water stains from penatrating. Try that next. Good Luck.. Jeff
Old 08-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eagle One wire wheel cleaner. Carried at every auto parts store and only 5.95 a bottle. As previously mentioned, you need to seal the gel after you apply with a wax. Also watch out on aluminum trailers as this will cause alot of elbow grease to polish out again.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Registered

I am assuing that toilet bowl cleaner is an "acid based" product?

I am going to check, I dont want to use it if it is but it sure works well.

The key I think is a good, high quality wax on the hull it realy keeps the staining down for a while.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
You should not have to use the product everytime if the pours of your boat were sealed properly. What do they have as a product that seals the gelcoat, closing the pours and keeping the brown water stains from penatrating. Try that next. Good Luck.. Jeff
I boat on the Detroit River and I launch and sometimes keep the boat in the water overnight in our marinas "store and launch". The water in this canal will stain anything it comes in contact with within minutes...... No Joke. It is nasty. Yes, I know I should keep my boat elsewhere, but it is only 1 block away from my house so convienence is a big factor. The stain comes off easily so no big deal.. Any one who is familiar with the "Ecorse Creek" will know exactly what I am talking about.... It is like boating in a giant sewer..........
Old 08-31-2011, 07:56 AM
Registered

I use a product called "SLIMY GRIMY" it is a powder sold in small tubs. Mix it with warm water, spray it on and viola... instant clean! Works great!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mysweetone
I use a product called "SLIMY GRIMY" it is a powder sold in small tubs. Mix it with warm water, spray it on and viola... instant clean! Works great!
I use Slimy Grimy as well and are very happy with it, It is not acid based and suppose to be safe to use for you and your boat. For what it's worth after cleaning the hull in the fall then applying leverage polish in the spring I would get the yellowish brown stains back in about 5-6 weeks of boating and my boats Rack stored. This year I did the same cleaning with Slimy Grimy but used 1 coat of Collonite paste fleet wax instead and the staining is just barely starting to come back after almost a whole season. Next year I will do 2 coats of the collonite past wax which suppose to be even better.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pluguglyinhere
I am assuing that toilet bowl cleaner is an "acid based" product?

I am going to check, I dont want to use it if it is but it sure works well.

The key I think is a good, high quality wax on the hull it realy keeps the staining down for a while.
Yes toilet bowl cleaner is an acid base cleaner and will eat at aluminum.

To combat the muddy stains you need to buff and use a good wax and apply a few times to seal up the pourus holes in the gelcoat.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

On/off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.