Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Formula
357 trs to bravo, anybody have a bravo 357? >

357 trs to bravo, anybody have a bravo 357?

Notices
Formula

357 trs to bravo, anybody have a bravo 357?

Old 11-28-2006, 02:22 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 357 trs to bravo, anybody have a bravo 357?

Joe:
What I think that you are going to find is that the TRS drives are set very deep in the water. Konrad drives are also 2" shorter center line to center line. They bolt right onto a TRS gimbal if you want to. You should be able to leave your engines at the same height that they currently are set and have the benefiet of the higher X dimmension that you can now get away with because prop technology has come a long way.

Jon
Old 11-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 357 trs to bravo, anybody have a bravo 357?

Jon, I wish I could afford the konrads! That would be the last drive this boat would ever need. I did some measurments and looked at the mercruiser instalation table that came with my boat. It claim's that if you have a 14 deg. transom (wich I have) then the x dimension should be 15 and 9/16's for a trs. Mine are much higher than that closer to 17 and 1/2. I called Formula and spoke to Daryl and he said there were a few engineers who cut their teeth on the 357 and said they claim that the bravo x dimension should be 15 and 1/2. Now I know that they keep there x dimensions at conservative hight. So I still do not know what I'm going to do yet. I want to be right in between the conservative and the wild setup. I can always buy spacers if the drives are to high.

Joe
Old 02-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gotta 357/trs with 550hp. I thought about that conversion frequently. My buddy with a 35 mistress did the conversion, it was a huge job and he spent 20k. So far no gains... still too deep. He's planning to make another change to his X dem.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Registered

Joe: I have a complete Kamma set up. Newly re-built trannys, all exterior steering components, new boots, 1:1 gears, tie bars, transom assemblies, starters, bell housings, cv joints, motor mounts etc. I had a 86 357 and went with Bravos and imco boxes. Never got the motors right, saw 71+. Formula will mail you x dimensions with different type of set ups. Remember Formula is conservative on their x dimensions. If you are interested e-mail me at [email protected].
Old 02-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stangle
Joe: I have a complete Kamma set up. Newly re-built trannys, all exterior steering components, new boots, 1:1 gears, tie bars, transom assemblies, starters, bell housings, cv joints, motor mounts etc. I had a 86 357 and went with Bravos and imco boxes. Never got the motors right, saw 71+. Formula will mail you x dimensions with different type of set ups. Remember Formula is conservative on their x dimensions. If you are interested e-mail me at [email protected].

Hmmmmmm i wonder how these would work on a 272 with SBC's
Old 02-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stangle
Do you want to only sell them as a set? I wouldn't mind having a spare, mostly just for the case.