357 Upgrade

Notices
Formula

357 Upgrade

Old 07-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Very Nice! I have a 357 that I've been working on all over (mostly engine mods) except for the cabin. I hope to do some upgrades similar to what you did but not as sophisticated. One of our major issues is turning the toilet 90 degrees to make it easier to get to. I see you had yours out and could have easily changed it but you didn't. What do you think of turning the toilet 90 degrees?
Old 07-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 375 Likes on 252 Posts

90 degrees!!!! it's gonna leak down on the floor!
Old 07-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by flyby
Very Nice! I have a 357 that I've been working on all over (mostly engine mods) except for the cabin. I hope to do some upgrades similar to what you did but not as sophisticated. One of our major issues is turning the toilet 90 degrees to make it easier to get to. I see you had yours out and could have easily changed it but you didn't. What do you think of turning the toilet 90 degrees?
That Porta Potty is a whole nother project. No, not nearly as difficult.
This porta potty has been in the discussions in the past many times.
Heres the deal, the Thedford 775 was the original porta potty Formula used in these boats. I think it had a 2-2.5gal holding tank. Scheet all weekend and then pump her out.
There for, it sits up about 3-4"s higher then the replacement. The 775 has been discontinued and no parts are available through Thedford. I had a guests on board couple yrs ago and someone broke my flush handle off. Oh scheet.
The only replacement Thedford offers has 1gal holding tank and there for it sits lower. Good for head room, but no need to hook up the pump out. 2 craps and it is full. Now, it is used for emergencies only on over nighters and I just take it out and flush it down the toilet.
When I redid this side, I made the door opening bigger. This makes it a little easier to get in.
If you turn it, I don't see were you are going to put your feet. No room between the sides now. Because there is a molded square hole in the floor, there is no room to move it foreward w/o cutting the front part of the square in the floor.
Any thing is possible. I think there is only foam under the floor right there.
Sorry so winded.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I thought about turning mine (311) ....If you moved the door towards the helm ....then you would open the door against the cabin door and if you sit down your feet would be on the step ....right now ... I have to get on one knee in the head and the other leg (right) in the cabin just to take a leak ....but the women use it all the time as is .....

Also the Porta Potty will fit down in the storage area under the area where the two lounges come together ...I think the 312's and some other models have the Potty there ....but with all Fabric in the 311 !!!! You know if the potty was up there someone would miss big time !!!!!! ....m

Last edited by offthefront; 07-04-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Registered

I'll be watching to see when this goes up for sale - very nice job addressing one of the big weak points of those older Formulas, the dated interior.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Registered

I know this thread is a little old, but what thickness acrylic did you use for the doors, where did you find it? Amazing job, it has given me inspiration to tackle my own interior.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

kjkam,
Been awhile since I have visited here. I used 1/2" Acrylic. I purchased the first batch from http://www.delviesplastics.com/. For shipping purposes, he has to cut to size 2x4 sheets. I purchase a 4x8 sheet. I chose them because they where the closets location to me for shipping purposes.

But then I found a guy locally her that sells it so now I get it from the Plastic Man in town here.

There are a few distributors across the US that sell it. Find a place closets to you to save $ on shipping.