311 Engine compartment

Notices
Formula

311 Engine compartment

Old 06-28-2014, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
311 Engine compartment

Well the dreaded day finally came Memorial Day weekend, I blew one of my TRS drives.. So looks like time for a tear down and go thru every thing.. Has some play in the gimbles so I am going to go ahead and pull engines/trans and go rebuild the gimbles and spruce up the engine compartment....

Any other 311-357 owners out there wanna share pics of their engine compartment? Looking for some cool ideas while I have it apart such as lighting,relocating trim pumps. over all cleaner look...
Old 07-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great question.

Add drain hoses to the oil plugs and the cooler plugs and the block plugs if you can. Talk about speeding up winterization.

I use compressed air to blow through any non-oil drain hose that is not flowing good amounts of water, to help prevent crud from blocking the drains and trapping water in the block/coolers.