Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Big Dick's run at the Shootout. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/107392-big-dicks-run-shootout.html)

jayhawk261 07-21-2005 09:00 AM

Re: Big Dick's run at the Shootout.

Originally Posted by RebarBox
I will be in. The wife isn't coming until late Friday nite :evilb: :eek: , so I'm looking for a ride or I'll drop the Cig in and will be looking for passingers - Don't really want to run the trip by myself.

My wife & I would love to be passengers, but we're not getting to the lake until about 6:00 that night. Would LOVE to check out the Cig.

As you guys know, I'm new to the board here. Hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you guys down there. Everybody here has been very friendly and helpful so far.

cfischer 07-21-2005 09:05 AM

yo TwinStep,
hopefully Big Dicks will have enough minnows for you this year. going out today 6 to 8s. going to try and break speed record! :chimp:

RebarBox 07-21-2005 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Gordo
DAYUM! A ride in a Cig? I may just leave the Thunder at the dock and offer gas money... ;)

Don't anyone get confused...the 'Cig' is an old, slow, 28. :rolleyes:

jayhawk261 07-21-2005 10:11 AM

Well, it's more than what I have right now. My Mustang doesn't do so well when the water gets more than a quarter inch deep or so :D

Who are the good boat dealers at Grand RebarBox? I know of Ugly Johns, but it seems they don't show too much used stuff on their website.

RebarBox 07-21-2005 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
Who are the good boat dealers at Grand RebarBox? I know of Ugly Johns, but it seems they don't show too much used stuff on their website.

I won't say weather they are 'Good' :eek: or not - 'One mans' treasure was probably someones elses POS' but here's a few:

Arrowhead/Cedarport
Duck Creek Yacht sales
Grand Lake Boat sales
Port Arrowhead A.K.A. Harbors View
Shangri-La
Tera Miranda

P.M. me what your hunt'in and I will try to keep an eye out.

FunHome 07-21-2005 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Gordo
DAYUM! A ride in a Cig? I may just leave the Thunder at the dock and offer gas money... ;)

Brad H, You gonna have the 38 in the water? or you still wanna play throttleman?
Doug, I'll bring the extra vest again.
Looking forward to seeing y'all !!! :drink:

Well, I'll probably have the 38 in the water, since you took out my throttles :rolleyes: But, I guess I could sit over there and pretend like I was helping!!! :D

CObarry 07-21-2005 03:10 PM

Pencil us in.... 1 boat, 4 people...

blown formula 08-18-2005 12:25 AM

Be there with bells on.... 10:30 @ Backwater's "Bay"....
blast off @ 11:00!!
It will be a treat to get food at Big Dick's... we could not get a seat, to the bar or order food!! Lookin' forward to it!
Thanks Wiggler & Buck for the pre-planning.

Formula 312 Fastech
OSO sticker on Starboard side window

buck183 08-18-2005 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
My wife & I would love to be passengers, but we're not getting to the lake until about 6:00 that night. Would LOVE to check out the Cig.

As you guys know, I'm new to the board here. Hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you guys down there. Everybody here has been very friendly and helpful so far.

You'll regret wanting to meet any of these knobs after next weekend. :p

Buck

Buddy OO 08-18-2005 02:04 AM

As a final reminder. Spoke with BJ yesterday, since we have combined the OSO fun run with Frankie and Louis poker run boats were looking at somewhere between 120-150 boats. BJ said bring it on no problem. I've told him to max out his staff, have someone give you a ticket and pay for buffet as you come in. Have a couple of places with big buckets of cold beer. He will have all 3 bars open. Its going to be a huge run and that seems to be what everyone wants. so have fun, be very safe , you'll get to meet alot of cool people and see some awesome hardware. It will be very crowded at the docks, so be patient tie up and be respectful of each other boats, and I think we've planned as best as bj and his facilities will hold. also will be at dog days after the run to have a oso get together and listen to dale blue . enjoy jim