Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trust Fund For OSO Hurricane Victims (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111440-trust-fund-oso-hurricane-victims.html)

LubeJobs42 09-17-2005 09:02 PM

Re: Trust Fund For OSO Huricane Victims

Hi, Donations are still being accepted. We have been in contact with several OSO members that need our help. These people have families to support. They have lost their sources of income due to the businesses they work for have been completely destroyed. Just because we are not seeing the devastation on TV every second like we were 2 weeks ago, these OSO members need our help now and probably will for some time.
There have been many members that have been very generous in helping support this cause. THANK YOU!
Very few of them have stepped up to the plate.

LubeJobs42 09-17-2005 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Yes, they are. I donated via credit card via calling OSO HQ direct yesterday.

Thank you!!

Mbam 09-17-2005 09:16 PM

Lube, I did Red Cross. But I bet the OSO fund has a lot less administrative overhead !!

waterheater 09-28-2005 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Hi, Donations are still being accepted. We have been in contact with several OSO members that need our help. These people have families to support. They have lost their sources of income due to the businesses they work for have been completely destroyed. Just because we are not seeing the devastation on TV every second like we were 2 weeks ago, these OSO members need our help now and probably will for some time.
There have been many members that have been very generous in helping support this cause. THANK YOU!
Very few of them have stepped up to the plate.

Donating tomorrow

LubeJobs42 10-06-2005 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by waterheater
Donating tomorrow

I spoke to the bank today. We raised a total of $12,050.00.
We will be distributing some of the money to an OSO member in the next day or so. I want to again thank everyone for the support!!

hillbilly24 10-06-2005 10:36 PM

Re: Trust Fund For OSO Hurricane Victims

That's great, I'm glad we all did what we could for these guys but I honestly thought we could have done beter then 12,500

Strip Poker 388 10-06-2005 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
That's great, I'm glad we all did what we could for these guys but I honestly thought we could have done beter then 12,500

Me to :( Atleast we could help a few OSO members in need.

LubeJobs42 10-07-2005 08:09 PM

As it turns out, There weren't as many people needing help as we thought (thank goodness). A check was cut today for $2500 to help a family ou :) t.

Marginmn 10-10-2005 10:40 AM

So are you guys going to donate the rest of the fund to another charity or are there other OSO hurricane members in need?

Tantrum 10-10-2005 10:45 AM

Good job Gino.
A BIG thank you to all those who donated and to those who have donated their time and resorces to make this possible.