Notices

26 Scarab?

Old 09-19-2005, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 26 Scarab?

Originally Posted by customtouch
Chis, I had a 96 with a 525sc Blower motor in it. It was a great boat!! I really liked the way it rode and handled big water! I made alot or poker runs in it and it never gave me a problem. The only draw back to it for me was that there was not alot of cabin space in it. Other than that, I loved it. I could keep up with other boats alot longer than mine, even in the rough chit.
What he says exactly and I have kept up with some of the big guys.

Originally Posted by customtouch
I always liked all the Scarabs and never figured out why they quit building them. Maybe they will start again sometime.
Wellcraft sold out to Genmar(a conglomorate), who said they didn't think the go-fast market was where they wanted to be or market to. Dummies, because their Thunder mdels are bad-azz and a lot easier on the bank account.
SAR
Old 09-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These boats were red on one side and yellow or orange on the other and separated by a thin black stripe from front to back.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:14 PM
Registered

right on customtouch, the P-29 was a Larry Smith scarab. Wellcraft used them in their performance driving school. I have seen several different configurations on them. One had a set of Arenson surface drives, came from the factory with blackhawks.

Those are extremley cool boats, but most folks who owned them beat the daylights out of them.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:24 PM
Registered

Satisfaction, I don't believe the P-29 was a Larry Smith boat. It was a special edition Wel-craft. The F-1 that was raced off-shore was the Larry Smith. Almost all of the race boats were made by him. He actually owned the name Scarab and Welcraft had to pay him to use the name!
Old 09-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Registered

Satisfaction, The Scarab that was used in the Welcraft Trainnig School was a Special Edition 31' Scarab that was solid yellow with a single red and black stripe down the middle of the sides. It also hade six stand-up bolsters in it. They also are pretty rare.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Registered

customtouch
I heard that the P-29 was built by Wellcraft but it was a Larry Smith hull desgin unlike the regular Wellcraft production Scarabs. My source could has mis spoken
all said the Well craft 26' Scarab was a great boat for the money.

I do plan on getting another boat about mid-winter but I will miss this little Scarab.
SAR
Old 09-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Registered

Satisfaction, It could be true that he designed it. I only know Welcraft built it. And yes, even now I still kinda miss My 26. It really was a pretty good boat!
Old 09-19-2005, 11:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DelawareRiverRunner
Weren't these pretty rare or low production boats? Does anyone know the exact production numbers? I saw one at a marina (on land/trailer) about 20 minutes from me in Tullytown, PA. I am not sure if it was for sale or not. Had aero scoop...so something good power wise should be under there!

Does anyone have pics and info. on the F-29 Scarabs? What years were they built and just how many were made? My interest was kindled after seeing 2 of these at the RTB Poker Run in MD a couple weeks ago.
The P-29's were limited to 29 boats and I believe they were only made in 96. A friend has one that runs low 80's with the bumped up 350's/Blackhawks.

Another friend is selling a 26...
http://www.lscn2.net/classifieds/ind...age=out&id=113
Old 09-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Registered

I have had a 1997 Scarab 26 for about 5 years now. I really have not had any problems with the boat at all. It rides real well and it is very difficult to get in trouble with it. It's very predictable! I believe the 1997 and 1998 thru hull exhaust was Corsa at least the ones I have seen.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Registered

Yea, Same with me! I had my 96 for about four years and it was as good as new when I sold it. I bought it, painted it and used it as a demoboat for my shop. The picture is not top quality but you get a general idea.
Attached Thumbnails 26 Scarab?-100_0333.jpg  

Quick Reply: 26 Scarab?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.