Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WHY ARE BOTH "WORLDS" THE SAME WEEKEND? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113584-why-both-worlds-same-weekend.html)

R Addiction 10-04-2005 11:49 AM

Re: WHY ARE BOTH "WORLDS" THE SAME WEEKEND?

You mean there is a boat race in KW this year?? I was going down just to party with my OSO friends. :D :evilb:

ratman 10-04-2005 01:31 PM

let me see if i understand this, its a pissing contest between the 2 sanctioning bodies. the one uninvited the other from going to key west, which will send all the big money teams to st pete? now everyone is going to go to key west to show support to the sanctioning body that screwed the fans? why would you do that, i would think the right thing to do would go to st pete. or go to the st pete race then key west the following weekend to party after the sbi peeps are gone. btw way tony george screwed the cart/irl deal up so bad it may never fully recover

F1-00 Racing 10-04-2005 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by SVL4
Trent,Trent,Trent. I thought you stopped drinking that kool-Aid last year! Bro wake up and look around. You are only getting the side of the story that someone wants you to hear. Don't you think its a little weird that most all the dedicated racers that have been around for 5-15 years have ALL thought that racing with OSS was the best way to go! Are they all being miss lead? OSS is a owner's group where we all have input and have answers to any questions that we ask. We may not share the answers with non members but I am sure thats not the answer you are looking for.

OSS truly did want to race in KW and everyone was disappointed that we had to move it. The decision is done and as to not inconvenience any of OSS fans,sponsors or teams they left the dates the same. And yes its bad for the fans. If you are told not to show then what was OSS supposed to do?

Wil,

I have said this for the past 5-6 years that I have been directly involved in offshore racing:"Race where your team and sponsors want you to" It was never a SBI vs LLC; SBI/APBA vs OSS thing, I just wanted to race. Back in '03 you had the same atitude. What happened? You still have the option of running in KW if you want to! Every racer out there still has that option. SBI/APBA has an owners group, we vote, then it goes in front of the Board of Directors. hmmm sound familiar. There is no difference between the two bodies except for the players involved in each. It seems to me
that it goes back to, like the fans said, who has the biggest pecker or ego. For the record, I aint packing much and as far as ego, its been given a reality check after having to rebuild the heaviest and slowest F1 boat in the fleet. Am I a favorite to win in Deerfield, hell no, but you know as well as I do, when the green flag drops anything can happen and with the conditions the way they have been, heavier is better, so I have a chance. Thats all I want or need. When I used to race against you, you were one of the most soft-spoken guys out there, you just wanted to race, no matter what flag was flying over that particular site that day. Man things sure have changed, but you know, think what you want, I just want to race.

No matter where you chose to race, I will support you as a friend and always be in awe of the things you and Larry do in your boats, its always been poetry in motion.

Anytime you want, call me, and maybe we can work on solutions together, instead of us on here like third graders *****ing about the problems. I will be more than happy to take any positive suggestions you have to our owners group and let them decide.

Your friend and fan,
Trent
321-508-3077

And that Kool-Aid I've been drinking, blame it on Bruce, he gave it to me :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

Pat D 10-04-2005 06:32 PM

thank you. and it can also mean you can eliminate the word "uninvited"

F1-00 Racing 10-04-2005 09:00 PM

tt

Hauling Trash 10-05-2005 07:00 AM

How many OSS boats have there 2 races in with SBI ???????

Mike

PatriYacht 10-05-2005 07:01 AM

OSS was told they can race if they pay a full membership fee. Something like 4000.00 per team, don't remember the exact number, and race in two APBA/SBI races. In effect they have to join APBA/SBI if they want to race Key West. But the UIM guys can race for much less money and no qualifying races.

F1-00 Racing 10-05-2005 07:46 AM

ummm sorry PatriYacht, your wrong on the numbers, they are as follows:
SC=$2500
SCL=$2000
SV=$1800
SVL=$1500
SSO=$1500
And if they would have used their heads in the SV, SVL, and SSO class they could have paid a whopping $300.00 Divisional equipment fee, raced in 2 divisionals and still be eligible for KW. But with only one divisional left, that option is out.
I dont see 4000(and 2500 is a far cry from 4000) anywhere.... This was taken directly from www.superboat.com under the national membership icon on the main page. This is also the same amount that we as SBI/APBA members have to pay and we are also required to race in 2 races in order to be eligible for the world championship. The UIM boats are required to pay their sanctioning body's fee wherever they race in the world and race in two races also(in their local association) in order to be eligible for KW. And then they have to pay '06 equipment fees and worlds entries, just as we all do in order to race, just like it has been for years in SBI, APBA, APBA LLC.

Once again, mis-information posted on OSO. Whats really sad is that it took me only two clicks of my index finger to find out the above info.

PatriYacht, If I wanted to go run Corpus, would OSS discount their equipment and/or entry fees for their association so I could race, just because I race in SBI/APBA? The answer is obvious, NO, so now you want SBI/APBA to be the bad guys, or is it you think those guys are special just because they are OSS. Several teams have raced both circuits this year, raced their 2 races, paid both fees and havent complained.

T2x 10-05-2005 08:20 AM

"I'm right....you're wrong!"
" No I'm right....you're wrong!"

" No My group was hurt first....!"

"No way....... just ask my chairman!"

"My group owns the rights to the name CLeveland Cup"

" My group is better"

"You're group is ripping my group off!"

" Hey Mister big time writer...just ask the sponsor!"

" My sponsor says go fishing!"

Will you guys ever learn?

" A house divided.........................."

T2x

Xtremeracing 10-05-2005 08:49 AM

Patri,
Are you saying OSS is offering racing to come to their worlds with NO fews????
Just a question nothing more.