Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WHY ARE BOTH "WORLDS" THE SAME WEEKEND? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113584-why-both-worlds-same-weekend.html)

tiufb 10-03-2005 12:07 AM

WHY ARE BOTH "WORLDS" THE SAME WEEKEND?

I really don't want to start a big mud slingin', but can someone explain why OSS and SBI/APBA have their Worlds on the same weekend. As a fan, I would attend both events if I could, and I can't help but think some of the racers would as well. Why should we have to chose?

FountainCS 10-03-2005 12:30 AM

Re: WHY ARE BOTH "WORLDS" THE SAME WEEKEND?

Get the popcorn.

tiufb 10-03-2005 12:38 AM

Oh no, I promise I didn't want to start anything! I read the racer's forum, and I'm so sick of that crap.

AIR TIME 10-03-2005 03:35 AM

KEY WEST KEY WEST KEY WEST :drink: :drink: :drink: :D :evilb:

Louie 10-03-2005 05:34 AM

ST. PETE . Oh,I like extra butter and salt on my popcorn.

Shah Mat 10-03-2005 06:11 AM

Didn't IRL and Cart do the same thing with the Indy 500 a few years ago?

cuda 10-03-2005 06:27 AM

Because the promoters are having a big dck contest. Neither one of them give a damn about the fans.

GLH 10-03-2005 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by tiufb
....can someone explain why OSS and SBI/APBA have their Worlds on the same weekend.

Because consolidating offshore racing would create a solid and marketable fan base...

CigDaze 10-03-2005 07:22 AM

That's a good question, isn't it??????????????//
:rolleyes:

Anyone care to resond?.....

Formula Outlaw 10-03-2005 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by cuda
Because the promoters are having a big dck contest. Neither one of them give a damn about the fans.

Which is EXACTLY why, after eight years I've completely backed away from racing. In 2003 I volunteered over six hundred hours in helping out with the two races in Sarasota that year. Helping out with the "second" race is where I got my first hand experience of just how dirty the politics of offshore racing can get and it turned me off. Don't have the time, patience, or termperment to deal with what I personally watched happen.

Walked away and never looked back. There will be ONE unifed sanctioning body before I donate a minute of my time again.

I appreciate all the effort that all the rest of you give to try to keep offshore racing alive, not for myself, but for the fans that truely enjoy it.

I'm not a racer so I don't feel qualified to offer any real opinions. I just know what I like, and don't like. And I DON"T like what's going on in offshore racing. Maybe someday they'll get it together and do what's right for the sport, not somebody's ego.