Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WHY ARE BOTH "WORLDS" THE SAME WEEKEND? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113584-why-both-worlds-same-weekend.html)

Pete B 10-05-2005 09:40 AM

Re: WHY ARE BOTH "WORLDS" THE SAME WEEKEND?

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
Think of the costs, time and money, involved in running two extra races just to qualify for The Worlds. Most of OSS must've voted not to do it.

yes and it was a unanimous vote

F1-00 Racing 10-05-2005 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Anytime you want, call me, and maybe we can work on solutions together, instead of us on here like third graders *****ing about the problems. I will be more than happy to take any positive suggestions you have to our owners group and let them decide.

T2x

I agree with you totally, divided nothing gets achomplished. I posted for Wil to call, but it seems his post was deleted due to "Not of my opinion" so who posted under his name? Randy? Bertel? I kinda think Bertel, the grammer was just too perfect :D Heck I figured the Unbiased(hehe) reporter would have called, but no I have recieved about 20 calls from fans and havent heard anything from an OSS racer. I would love to bring positive solutions to our owners meetings, but if they dont call, I guess I dont have any ammunition so to speak.

One day when everyone gets tired of putting money into a bottomless pit, we will all race together and who cares what the name of the association is, we will be one. Ok, time to wake up, I was dreaming for a minute

PatriYacht 10-05-2005 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Pete B
there is a difference between the 2 groups,
one allows only canopy boats, the other any boats.
one is for profit, the other in not.
the only thing in common, is they both have racers and fans hat are passionate about the sport.

i think the off season will bring many surprizes, to those that follow offshore racing.

Got any clues? Enquiring minds want to know.

Ms PatriYacht 10-05-2005 09:54 AM

Hey Ian, you are getting pretty interested in this racing stuff, please don't tell me that there is a race boat in our future :eek:

F1-00 Racing 10-05-2005 10:07 AM

Think of the costs, time and money, involved in running two extra races just to qualify for The Worlds. Most of OSS must've voted not to do it.

And obviously that is their rights as Americans. In '03 the team I ran with a team that decided to run in OPA, LLC, and SBI. Did we get any discounts, nope, we paid equipment fees in all 3. That was the owner's choice. Just out of curiousity didnt all these guys in OSS run 8-10 races a year, in the past? Arent these the guys, as posted earlier, that have a the big boats and the money? I guess they are content with their 7 race schedule, cause I respect the heck out the teams that have run a complete SBI/APBA schedule, 18 races in one year,with 11 being National, wow and I heard there will be more added to the schedule next year.

As Frank asked, if we wanted to run OSS would they give us a discounted rate? I asked it too and still havent got an answer from ya, but we all know the answer is NO. So I guess bottom line is, what makes them so special?

By the way, I look forwards to your wife's OSO party in KW, see ya in Key West!!!!

F1-00 Racing 10-05-2005 10:10 AM

Got any clues? Enquiring minds want to know.

Let me guess, OSS and OPA merge which gives OSS open boats and OPA's firm schedule :eek: :eek: :eek:

Who knows but I guess its a good rumour to start :drink:

ScottB 10-05-2005 10:17 AM

OPA already has a firm schedule no need to merge with anyone

PatriYacht 10-05-2005 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing

By the way, I look forwards to your wife's OSO party in KW, see ya in Key West!!!!

Great. Looking forward to seeing you there. It's still the greatest racing venue in the world.

Ron P 10-05-2005 10:30 AM

Who ever said I was unbiased? Hehe???

Besides, EBM is done covering SBI/APBA races. We refused to pay SBI in order to cover the SBI/APBA races. Who ever heard of a publication paying to cover an event???? Who ever heard of an event asking to receive money for someone to cover it? Some things just make you say Hummmm.

BRUCE SEROFF 10-05-2005 10:50 AM

Hey Trent...when the walls come tumbling down, I hope your not under them.

SBI has and keeps sites because they may like JC and and he produces a show. Is it the show what they were expecting? Is it a quality show? I dont know, ask them.

They are his customers. A good businessman will stroke his customers, if they are putting money in his pocket. The racers seem to be his employees. The racers and fans alike, are the ones being screwed. By the way, has anyone received awards money? Or are they still applying credit to future races?

Seems to me, your ship is slowly listing to port. better jump before you go down with it.

70 boats in KW.....I dont think so.

I understand the position your in. You may not have asked for it and you may not like it. But your in it now. Stand tall for what you believe in.
Best of luck to ya little buddy. :eek: