Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LOTO- Sound Violations Worse than ever (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/127661-loto-sound-violations-worse-than-ever.html)

Buddy OO 04-16-2006 01:06 PM

LOTO- Sound Violations Worse than ever

It seems our additional funding for our beloved water patrol have even enhanced their efforts to enforce the sound ordinances, now in addition to the stationary tests, they are now enforcing the moving tests, which is within 50' of your boat you must be less than 86 decibels running, another unattainable goal for a supercharged motor, they are hiding around docks, points and nailing people as they drive by, Spoke with an officer yesterday, he had written 10 tickets himself in the last 24 hours and as a total the water patrol had issued 45, this continues to be a thorn in us powerboaters side. It looks like I'm going to have to have the local mad scientists go to work on their new invention the dreaded sound elimination sound log, Sean , you and 3600 cat let me know how your experiment is going, avoid contact with water patrol until the sound guru's find the answer, signing off here comes the patrol now.

CAP071 04-16-2006 06:03 PM

Re: LOTO- Sound Violations Worse than ever

what a joke, seems every day we are loosing a right on some water way :mad:

TeamSaris 04-16-2006 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by CAP071
what a joke, seems every day we are loosing a right on some water way :mad:

yes we are 90 decibles below here at idle i think

cosmic12 04-16-2006 06:49 PM

we are 90 also But the kicker here is we cant have switchable exhaust. we have to have mufflers or through the out drive. they will ticket us for silent chosie. be glad you dont have to deal with that :(

TeamSaris 04-16-2006 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by cosmic12
we are 90 also But the kicker here is we cant have switchable exhaust. we have to have mufflers or through the out drive. they will ticket us for silent chosie. be glad you dont have to deal with that :(

same here if the find it they will make you shut it off and test you with out it. We can have it just aslong as it passes without it. :rolleyes:

38tg 04-16-2006 07:01 PM

it's workable, N.H. is 82 dec. at 50' at 1/2 throttle and then again at wide open. I managed to get through with an 81 average with 700sc's. I used gil manifolds with corsa transom mount's with imco gatlins after them.. good thing i have a swim platform. There was a 36 nortech cat with twin 850's he did pipes with major inserts that also worked .. good luck...

Brad Zastrow 04-16-2006 08:16 PM

I was thinking of coming the to the Shootout this year. Do they leave boats alone that weekend? I can pass the idle test, but not even close in a drive by. I would like to cruise the river.

WeaponX 04-16-2006 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I was thinking of coming the to the Shootout this year. Do they leave boats alone that weekend? I can pass the idle test, but not even close in a drive by. I would like to cruise the river.

That's the one weekend they seem to leave us alone. Most of the summer is not bad just before memorial day and after labor day they don't have much to do .

Mentalpause 04-16-2006 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow

My guess is it is very unlikely they would screw with folks that weekend. They have not in the past.

WeaponX 04-16-2006 08:26 PM

I think they got the one trouble maker they were looking for. :D