Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best Wishes to Todd Lahey (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133698-best-wishes-todd-lahey.html)

WARPARTY36 07-11-2006 05:17 PM

Re: Best Wishes to Todd Lahey

Sounds like everything is going well!!! Best of luck from all of the E-Dock crew :eureka:

bouyhunter 07-11-2006 05:24 PM

Glad to hear things are going well.
Prayers still for a strong and speedy recovery.

dougdrs1 07-14-2006 04:10 PM

Todd, think positive and hang tuff. :p

timewarp 07-15-2006 12:49 PM

Our thoughts and Prayers are still with you Todd!!

In August when you can get out and about, send me a message and we'll arrange to get you out in a boat for an easy cruise in the sound, no sense taking a trip to the Northwest and not getting out for a boat ride. Depending on how able you are will determine what size boat we'll get you on, have some friends with cruisers, and lots of different offshore boats to get you out on.

Caleb and Vicki Reese

fountain1fan 07-21-2006 10:04 PM

glad thing are looking up .i check his site every day for updates as most of you do . may be it woun't be long and mel can print this page and show it to todd .

Doller Offshore 07-25-2006 02:06 PM

Update from the website! It sure is hard to rest in the hospital....:)
Sounds great, as always best wishes!

Hello! We got great news this morning, we get to move back to the apartment today!!! We are both really excited. We were not sure if it was going to happen today because he started with a skin rash yesterday that was getting worse as the day went on. We just talked to the doctors about it and they believe that it is skin GVHD, so they are going to do a skin biopsy before we leave today. They also are going to increase the dose of the steroids for a few more days and then start the taper again. It will take a few days for the biopsy results to come in but they feel confident enough to increase the steroids and still send us home today. We will once agian be going to the clinic for our appointments and they will monitor things there. The WBC is 1.05 (.68 yesterday) and the neutrophil count is .67 (.43 yesterday). Just wanted to share the good news! Love & Thanks!

Spicy 07-25-2006 03:21 PM

Great News......

beerock 07-28-2006 03:15 PM

get well soon!!

jhiguy377 07-29-2006 06:46 PM

coming up next thursday; if your docs say its ok to take a gentle cruise let me know - jeff 503-975-0551....be looking for a white 377 Scarab w/ red and black stripes

CigBoat 08-01-2006 11:09 PM

Thanks Again for all the well wishes!

I am currently day 32 past transplant and doing pretty good. The new cells are working and the bone marrow test they did on day 28 showed no remaining cancer cells. Which is great news I am having a reaction with the new cells causing a skin rash called graft verses host disease (GVHD) this is when the new cells dont recognize my cells and they get to fighting. They are working hard to get it under control using steroids and a combo steroid uva light treatment. We are not seeing any success yet but these things can take time. All in all the GVHD can be a great thing long term as well as fighting with my skin and such it should also kill any remaining cancer cells that may be floating in there. Right now and for most likely at least a year I will not be able to be exposed to sun light as this can trigger the Skin GVHD to flare up even more. So I guess it is a good thing the boat is gone and I am up here in Seattle. So unfortunately jhiguy377 among other things I am not allowed to be exposed to I wont be able to take you up on that offer thought we trully appreciate it and maybe next year when we come back for our one year check up we can get together, if not before we leave here in October.
Again
Thanks for the support!
Todd Lahey