Notices

So what do YOU do...?

Old 07-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: So what do YOU do...?

Originally Posted by JAdamz
I'm surprised you'd get that type of reaction at Claudio's...seems like every time I go there, there's always at least two performance boats docked up. They must have been first-timers there and didn't realize how popular of a hangout Claudio's is for these type of boats!
exactly...especially on sundays when all the bikers are there...
Old 07-12-2006, 04:23 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually the problem had an easy solution.....Sean could have told the bikers that the clappers were rice burner owners who hated America and were trying to buy out Harley Davidson. They were going to turn it into a Japanese garbage can distributor with a Harley label on it, all they thought Harley's were good for.

Then post the resulting film clip in the UC section.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sean..yo' dude what have you started here ? How long ago was that at Star Island ? I was there about 9 years ago labor day weekend @ the Yacht Club. Was waiting for a slip engines off. Finally started it up without realizing the harbor dicks were behind me ticketing an inflatable. Needless to say I got pulled over in my slip & was told I could'nt start my boat till Tuesday when we were leaving. Also had to explain a documented boat with no reg #'s. He just did'nt get it.
About a half hour later they pulled me over in the inflatable again this time with no reg #'s. Had to explain it was a "tender" & still did not get it. Ever since we've never been back.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This thread is hilarious
"How muchs for the women? How much for the little girls?"
Absolutely classic!
I was always the loudest in my marina - people at the marina accepted the noise, because I was ALWAYS there, and never minded helping out if someone had a problem, or a newer boater that didn't even know how to dock his boat (one pair turned out to be a very nice older couple that only bought the boat because she had Cancer, and always wanted a boat - hubby didn't know what the hell he was doing, we learned him).

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Huge waves are a problem on ourlake....the ones created by large searay boats.
I found alot of humor in this quote - I can hear it now, a big cruiser pulls into dock, "Hey, is that one of those Searay boats"?
Old 07-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Living,... Loving,..... Laughing...!! is what is all about
Old 07-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Kinda hard to complain about the sailboat mast noise, HD bikes, stereos, yet still want our loud exhaust. That's being a little selfish. Any and all noise on the water is peaceful to me, even the dock parting till 3am. Just not everyone sees it the same way.

I always use my silent choice whenever my boat is not on plane. It's just plain courtesy as I see it for those that prefer the less obnoxious.

Surprisingly, the loadest boats in my marina are houseboats and cruisers. A good majortiy of those have above water exhaust. Maybe that's why we never hear of any complaints?
Old 07-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Registered

Turn on the mufflers.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by UNSANE
If I have a crowd watching me dock or trailer, when I shut the engine off, I usually say, "How's that for halftime entertainment?"
If someone comes up and tells me the boat is loud (like I already don't know-------Here's your sign....), I just say "What??!!! Whhaaaaatttt???!!!" over and over like Chappelle doing his Lil Jon bit. They usually lose interest really quick
HA HA Im gonna use that 1.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
A more appropriate analogy would be buying a house near a road, expecting traffic.... but one day someone invents the Jake Brake.

luv it !!!!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Registered

Next time bring a boat with triples

And get rid of that elaborate exhaust and put on some zoomies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.