Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Chicago Boat Show... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/14829-chicago-boat-show.html)

Cat Girl 01-27-2002 01:46 PM

Went to the show yesterday, and yes I agree, not alot of performance boats there. We had a great time got there about 10:00 on Saturday and left about 7:30 that night. Every one was friendly and very helpful to us. Sorry some of you had a rotten experience. Black Thunder was very nice and spent alot of time there and actually got to speak with Bob Jenkins. Sorry, if I took to much of his time for you others. You are right though, if you did not wear a mink coat, you got snubbed at. I think the other people walking around were the rudest. Some of them looked like they had money, but no manners. A few times I had to bite my lip, I did not want to start a brawl and end up at Chicago Police Dept. That did not sound fun.

Miami will be the place to be. All of you going have a great time :)

CatGirl

Waterfoul 01-27-2002 02:04 PM

I had fun. But then again, I ALWAYS have fun, no matter what I'm doing. I just don't take things so serious. I had fun talking with Marc (Boatme). Spent about 20 minutes looking in every nook and cranny of the 46 Black Thunder. Got on all the Baja's, Sonics, Eliminators, Powerquests, Sonics, etc... and did not have anyone make a rude comment to me. Enjoyed talking to people. Turns out I knew salemen at PQ display, the Velocity display, the Baja display, and of course Black Thunder. Might have helped, but I didn't really talk to them about their boats. They all wanted to know about mine. Nice. I will agree though, past shows have been better. I think if it were more Manufacturer related, it would be better. Mercury Mercruiser had NO presence. Neither did any of the other big (or small) engine builders. I really enjoy the "other" stuff at boat shows. Not just the boats. I did buy a new boat duffle there. Couldn't beat it for $16. Bigger than the one I am currently using, and better constructed. Upgrade!!!! LOL!!!!

Sorry some of you had a bad experience. Guess you should have come to Pizza with me, Rambunctios, and Cord (and Deeana) afterwards.

Wally, Payton, Intolerant, Cord, Mrs. Cord, and Boatme, it was nice seeing you all again.

Cord, you find the freeway o.k.?? Right where I said it would be eh?? ;)

supercrash 01-27-2002 02:39 PM

The WORST.....Lablatts beer???...how do they get into the boat show?? :rolleyes: :confused:

Wildchild212 01-27-2002 05:04 PM

I had a great time at the show. Sunsation guys talked to us for a while, spent alot of time talking to jeff at hawkeye (the eliminatordealer). These guys have always treated me like a king. about the only people we talked to that I did not like was the sonic and baja dealer. A friend of mine asked a sales man what they made in the 27 to 28 range and his reply was I dont really know, I had told him what the sizes were, I love it when a salesman dont know anything about what he is selling. :p Sonic however makes a cool boat liked the 31 alot anyway I had a great time and so did everyone that I went with. :D :cool:

noclue 01-27-2002 06:19 PM

You guys need to take a giant step back and think about what it is like to work a boat show for 12 hours for five days. Every customer is different. Some want to be aproached and other will tell you when they want help. Alot of people are just there to look and ask questions. Just beacuse a salesman did not jump in your face and say what can I do to earn your business does not mean they are "goons" to borrow a phrase from VOODOO. I think some of you guys just like to hear yourselves ***** and complain. How about saying excuse me but can you answer a question for me? And I am sure you will get a quick and helpful response. Or are you too scared to talk to a salesman.......

Waterfoul 01-27-2002 06:58 PM

Hey noclue, you're from Holland. So is crazyhorse, rambunctious, several others. What boat do you run on Lake Michigan??

I'm from Wyoming and work in Holland.

voodoo 01-27-2002 07:06 PM

Noclue, I can see why you call yourself that. I don't want to preyed on by vultures, but at least they could acknowledge your presence. I have worked many shows in my lifetime and know it is not an easy thing. But if you want to sell your product you can't hide behind it. I got better reception at the Sea Ray booth looking at $400,000 cruisers. Also, the guys at Hawkeye Boats are easy to talk to. Must be why they sell alot of boats. They don't pre-judge anyone taking the time to ogle their boats. I think the other salesmen there should have walked through their booth to see how it is done.

Red Stripe 01-27-2002 07:17 PM

A good salesman would at least acknowledge you. A simple "Hello" or "How you doing today" would be great. My buddy works in trailer sales and they have similar shows that last 12+ hours a day. When I go and visit him at the show, he will always take the time to say hello to the people that took there time to go to the show. Even if we are in the middle of a conversation, he will stop and make a point to let them know that he is availible to talk to.
If I pay to go to a show to check out boats, trailers, cars or whatever, I expect to at least be greeted at I check out there products. Is that too much to ask?

why wait 01-27-2002 08:11 PM

boy you can sure tell winter is dragging on. lets wish for spring.

Cord 01-28-2002 09:13 AM

Originally posted by voodoo:
<STRONG>Noclue, I can see why you call yourself that.</STRONG>

What ever. :rolleyes:

WF-yea it worked out really nice. Better than I even anticipated. I like that. :)

Hey, got the accessories shot yesterday. Took the two of use about 12 hours. Proably have about 12 coats of paint on them. Kandy's are cool way, way cool. :cool: :cool: