Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OUCH! This may hurt the re-sale!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/149559-ouch-may-hurt-re-sale.html)

thisistank 01-18-2007 08:44 PM

OUCH! This may hurt the re-sale!! (NEW PHOTO'S)

2 Attachment(s)
Low mileage beauty, needs some TLC, nice project for the do-it-yourselfer. Can be had for a good price.:D :D :eek: :eek:

VelocityMark 01-18-2007 08:45 PM

Re: OUCH! This may hurt the re-sale!!

Somebody sure mucked up. Ouch

glassdave 01-18-2007 08:54 PM

youch! . . . .whats the story behind that?

LaughingCat 01-18-2007 09:19 PM

looks like travel lift dropped it.

45sonic 01-18-2007 09:21 PM

I think that left a mark :D:D

hurleyr 01-18-2007 09:24 PM

It was an OST Crane out of Ventura.

I heard the oiler was running a 300 ton hydro crane. Apparently, he was trying to set it in the water so it could be motored to Long Beach. I was told the wind picked up pushing the boat outside the crane chart and the guy tried to lower the load very quickly (panicked) and when he stopped quickly that was all it took. It went bye bye.

Tank - Got any pictures of the crane? I'm sure it didn't look very pretty.

thisistank 01-18-2007 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by hurleyr (Post 1997915)
It was an OST Crane out of Ventura.

I heard the oiler was running a 300 ton hydro crane. Apparently, he was trying to set it in the water so it could be motored to Long Beach. I was told the wind picked up pushing the boat outside the crane chart and the guy tried to lower the load very quickly (panicked) and when he stopped quickly that was all it took. It went bye bye.

Tank - Got any pictures of the crane? I'm sure it didn't look very pretty.

DAM! I had no idea that was in Ventura. That's only 10 miles up the road from me. I recieved those pics from my sister-in-law. I'll see if she has any more. I just figured it was one of those pics that float around the internet.

hurleyr 01-18-2007 09:35 PM

It was in the Hueneme Harbor. Real close and not the first time it has happen. Don't ask me how I know. :)

thisistank 01-18-2007 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, OK, I got some more info. It was actually in Port Hueneme Harbor. They said it was dropped from at least 20 feet, then the crane fell on top of it!!:eek:

Here's another pic. I'm going to go down there in the morning on the way to work and snap some more pics. Supposidly the crane is already moved but the boat is still there.

glassdave 01-18-2007 09:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
converted 'em to jpg's . . . .:eek: