Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is there market for High Performance Boat Charter's at LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/150456-there-market-high-performance-boat-charters-loto.html)

Buddy OO 02-01-2007 03:48 AM

Re: Is there market for High Performance Boat Charter's at LOTO

Randy, actually from st. louis, was at the lake for 2 years building, came back to st. louis to start a new subdivision, have a captain, and was just wondering about the charter. have had some people ask me if I would do it, I was thinking 1,000-1200$ half day plus fuel, have insurance covered but may be a pain in the azz like John said, had a great new years, heard you had a party in Miami, See you guys soon at loto, put all new interior in the boat , looks awesome, Wiggler

Mentalpause 02-01-2007 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Buddy OO (Post 2011912)
put all new interior in the boat , looks awesome, Wiggler

Another reason not to do it!:drink:

jawbreakerkid 02-01-2007 08:47 AM

Randy, actually from st. louis, was at the lake for 2 years building, came back to st. louis to start a new subdivision, have a captain, and was just wondering about the charter. have had some people ask me if I would do it, I was thinking 1,000-1200$ half day plus fuel, have insurance covered but may be a pain in the azz like John said, had a great new years, heard you had a party in Miami, See you guys soon at loto, put all new interior in the boat , looks awesome, Wiggler

How is the progress on your "Supercat Cove" coming along? I remember you posting quite a bit of information on here a while back.

hammer01 02-01-2007 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Wild (Post 2011786)
Wiggler lives at LOTO - but if it is wiggler

whats up

Wild

New Years was the best one ever, mine and my wifes best trip to miami together.

See ya in a few months unless you are doing the Miami poker run

Randy, are you familiar with the 40 outlaw from loto called "luxman" i believe. trip 500's real wild colors, from kansas, he did the captain thing with his boat for a few years. I think there are several ads at the lake for his rental deal, $800 for a half day i think, but he mainly did it for all the poker runs and harbor hops as well. Curious how his insurance and so forth went for him.

SinkorSwim 02-01-2007 10:24 AM

Personally... I wouldn't mess with it...

All you are going to get is people wanting to go to PC...

Which means... :drink: :evilb: :crazy: and then you are :mad:

Tbonepmp 02-01-2007 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid (Post 2012067)
How is the progress on your "Supercat Cove" coming along? I remember you posting quite a bit of information on here a while back.

I was wondering the same thing...???

premiums 02-01-2007 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tbonepmp (Post 2012236)
I was wondering the same thing...???

Me To. I was looking for supercat cove summer 2006.

Wild 02-01-2007 12:30 PM

Where is the subdivision???

donzimanva 02-01-2007 12:39 PM

I actually started the process to set up a high performance charter business in the Virginia Beach area. No problem on buying the right boat. I have held a Master's License for 10 years. Took Tres's performance boating school. I do fishing charters now. No problems on fishing charter insurance. I have no claims ever. Started calling ALL of the insurers, my current provider, Markel, Total Dollar, all of them for insurance on a high performance charter business. No go. No one will write a policy for a performance charter business. Too high a risk is what they all told me.

Von Bongo 02-01-2007 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by donzimanva (Post 2012298)
Too high a risk is what they all told me.

I kind of see thier point but what about those jet boat charters that fly up and down the rivers, that seems to be comparable in risk.