Notices

IMCO Flush Kit

Old 02-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IMCO Flush Kit

Where would I find a flush system to attach to my IMCO lowers?

Would a Bravo kit for Low water pickups work?

Thank you in advance.

Jonathan
Old 02-05-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: IMCO Flush Kit

I just installed a fitting on the transom, & inserted a T in the hose going to the seawater pump, with a hose that runs back to the transom fitting. I did this due to the back flush "muzzle" that is used on the outdrive just didn't allow enough water to be picked up & it was difficult for the pump to prime. The whole thing cost under $50 & it took less than an hour to install, & it provides plenty of water. I know they offer commercial kits for this, but I think they have check balls in them, & it concerned me that would not allow the outdrive to be flushed. I purchased the water outlet from a local marine hardware store, & the fittings & hose from Lowes. I think this is what you are talking about, & hope it helps if it is.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Registered

Default Re: IMCO Flush Kit

Good Idea! Thank you for sharing!

Jonathan

Originally Posted by rangerrick63
I just installed a fitting on the transom, & inserted a T in the hose going to the seawater pump, with a hose that runs back to the transom fitting. I did this due to the back flush "muzzle" that is used on the outdrive just didn't allow enough water to be picked up & it was difficult for the pump to prime. The whole thing cost under $50 & it took less than an hour to install, & it provides plenty of water. I know they offer commercial kits for this, but I think they have check balls in them, & it concerned me that would not allow the outdrive to be flushed. I purchased the water outlet from a local marine hardware store, & the fittings & hose from Lowes. I think this is what you are talking about, & hope it helps if it is.