Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need help deciding which boat to buy next! >

Need help deciding which boat to buy next!

Notices

Need help deciding which boat to buy next!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_H
Racerngr1,

post some pictures of your boat.

Some info on the boat I'm trying to get rid of:

It's a 24' Team Hawaiian with a 7.4 GSI (Fuel Injected 454 w/ 385HP), DPS drive with 1.78 gears, 3200 watt stereo, 130 hours on boat and motor with Royal Purple 20/50. Very clean and runs great. 63.1 on GPS. I'm looking to get about $32,000 for it.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e.../MyBoat008.jpg
Old 01-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I like the lines on that hawaiin.

$70K.........lots of options. What is your max length or weight, or is there a max?

I see the the hawaiian you have is a bow rider. Not a lot of cockpit space on the 32 fountain and they do not do well with large groups of people. You can not put any more than 6 people on board. The cockpit is the same size as their 27.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Steve_H
how about a completely updated bullet
i would jump all over this if i could. what does she top out at?
Old 01-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

If you want a boat that has room to sleep on, can handle the Pacific and is in excellent condition; then this is the one for you.

First, it's not my boat. If I currently didn't have my Advantage 34 Offshore I'd be buying this boat myself.

I can assure you that this boat is immaculate for it's age...and I'm not BSing. If you want pictures of it I'll contact the owner and go out and take some and send them to you. The owner is very meticulous about all of his toys and this boat is no exception.

Bottom line is you should call the owner and ask him all of your questions and whether he will negotiate or not since it's a little higher than what you are planning to spend.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/6/91502046.htm
Old 01-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Registered

James, one of my buddies in Huntington has a really (REALLY!) nice clean late 90's single step 35' Fountain with 650s in it. The boat runs right about 90mph and is spotless. I think he'd take right around $70k for it, maybe a bit more. Give me a shout if you're intersted.

I've heard the 32 Fountains have a balance problem. There are a bunch of nice 35's around.

As I've said, my Pantera runs great in the ocean and I have the pleasure of only babysitting one motor and drive. But, it's not going to run the top speed numbers you'll get with something lighter, stepped or padded... Or something with twins.

There's a couple of fast 29 Warlocks and 29 Fountains out there that were/are race boats (F1 and P5). So, you could get something that does double duty (and keep a bunch of cash in your pocket as well).

My offer to have a ride in the Pantera still stands. I'm hoping to have the motor back in within a the next couple of weeks.

Good luck,

Sean

Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 01-25-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by yesrej
i would jump all over this if i could. what does she top out at?
73-75 mph. mild 540's. im to poor to not have reliability...

Old 01-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Registered

Steve, Nice job, that Bullet is Hot. Go get it bern.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Registered

How would a Pantera be 28' with twins, would that be to heavy in the back or be a fun boat, there is one on here for a good pirce and would be a good project. One general question I had is how old of a boat to buy? For instance like an older Pantera, how do boat's like that hold up through the long haul? I'm sure a big part of it is the driver and what not but when do you have to really look at striping the boat down to bare hull, (floor, carpet, interior,wires, engines, drives) and basically start from scratch? Sean, I still want a ride in the boat!!!!!! Any time you are ready, I will be there.

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
James, one of my buddies in Huntington has a really (REALLY!) nice clean late 90's single step 35' Fountain with 650s in it. The boat runs right about 90mph and is spotless. I think he'd take right around $70k for it, maybe a bit more. Give me a shout if you're intersted.

I've heard the 32 Fountains have a balance problem. There are a bunch of nice 35's around.

As I've said, my Pantera runs great in the ocean and I have the pleasure of only babysitting one motor and drive. But, it's not going to run the top speed numbers you'll get with something lighter, stepped or padded... Or something with twins.

There's a couple of fast 29 Warlocks and 29 Fountains out there that were/are race boats (F1 and P5). So, you could get something that does double duty (and keep a bunch of cash in your pocket as well).

My offer to have a ride in the Pantera still stands. I'm hoping to have the motor back in within a the next couple of weeks.

Good luck,

Sean
Old 01-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Registered

There's a guy who lives up in canyon country whos got an '02 Pantera with twin 500s. He says it's a bit ass heavy but not too bad. The boats are pretty dang heavy to begin with, so it sort of balances out a bit better. I think a twin small block boat with some big pumped up smallblocks would be a rocket ship. One of them sold this summer for under $25k (with stock power).

I had an '80 24 Pantera that was in pretty good shape structurally. Very solid boat. when you build a boat with a two inch thick hull, they seem to last though! I think it depends on the constructor as much as the use.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Racerngr1
want something good, SOLID, reliable, safe, and fun. I was thinking of something along the lines of a used 32' Fountain
thats funny

Quick Reply: Need help deciding which boat to buy next!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.