Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is A Boat More Desirable If It's Been In A Magazine???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/181033-boat-more-desirable-if-its-been-magazine.html)

Southocg 02-29-2008 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by bluellama (Post 2465995)
It was featured in Volume 8, Issue 3, and as soon as I get my a$$ to the Post Office it's heading to Derric...... :D

I went to school with the guy on the right in you avitar..

Funny $h!t.............

mattyboy 02-29-2008 02:23 PM

we haven't quite gotten to the Barrett Jackson stage yet but I do feel for atleast for an old school boat that any wow or cool factor it has adds to it's value such things as it was the boat in the brochure, the first or the last of a model popped from the molds, a limited edition, a biggy is if it was Elvis' boat but the gravy stains on the front seat need to be authentic :p, seriously if a famous person owned it. Was it used in a movie who produced it ( the boat not the movie) designed it or powered it or raced it all that stuff adds value to the right buyer

I am sure in a few years it will be the same for the newer boats too

bluellama 02-29-2008 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Southocg (Post 2466134)
I went to school with the guy on the right in you avitar..

Funny $h!t.............

You went to school with Snoop Dogg ?? Sweet.

That pic was taken backstage after his concert in Ottawa, the guy on the left is the Ottawa Senators starting goalie, Ray Emery. He gave Snoop the Sens jersey, on the back it's lettered DOGG 420 ...... :cool-smiley-027:

Southocg 02-29-2008 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by bluellama (Post 2466234)
You went to school with Snoop Dogg ?? Sweet.

That pic was taken backstage after his concert in Ottawa, the guy on the left is the Ottawa Senators starting goalie, Ray Emery. He gave Snoop the Sens jersey, on the back it's lettered DOGG 420 ...... :cool-smiley-027:

Yeah.... He (snoop) was bouncing around a couple different H.S. while he was working out his "issues". He ended up at my H.S. for a while, his cousins and everybody else you've seen on VH1 behind the scenes went their too.

Lot of good it's doing me now.

obnoxus 02-29-2008 03:40 PM

I'm gonna go the other way with this.

I wouldnt want a magazine boat.

Having everyone come up to you saying ,,,,oh,,, you bought so and so's boat.

But thats just me !!

Southocg 02-29-2008 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by obnoxus (Post 2466253)
I'm gonna go the other way with this.

I wouldnt want a magazine boat.

Having everyone come up to you saying ,,,,oh,,, you bought so and so's boat.

But thats just me !!

Any different if it was your boat first (new)?

stainless 02-29-2008 05:27 PM

you can have 2 exact boats and one can run better than the other . if the specs on the magazine boat were exceptional or it had a great write up , or if it would take a year or more to duplicate the same boat i do think the mag boat would be worth more

Jigsaw89 02-29-2008 11:03 PM

From a buyers standpoint, a boat featured in a mag wouldn't have any impact on my desire to own it. It all comes down to what I like and how much I'm willing to spend while keeping emotions out of the sale. Nuff said.

Southocg 02-29-2008 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89 (Post 2466686)
From a buyers standpoint, a boat featured in a mag wouldn't have any impact on my desire to own it. It all comes down to what I like and how much I'm willing to spend while keeping emotions out of the sale. Nuff said.

I could certainly see that side of it.

shw-n-go h20 03-01-2008 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by bluellama (Post 2465995)
It was featured in Volume 8, Issue 3, and as soon as I get my a$$ to the Post Office it's heading to Derric...... :D

Thank You. i tried finding it online but i have'nt found it yet.
we can't wait to get it in the water... April needs to hurry up.