If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Donzi 35 ZR

Deland, Florida
    If you can afford it, you'll never regret the blue motors, but if you buy an underpowered boat (I'm not saying the 496's will be underpowered for you), you will always regret it.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Tom A.'s Avatar
    My Boats:
    Necessary Evil .............Donzi 38 ZrComp.............
    New Jersey
    I own a ZrComp so I am biased to buying a Donzi. That being said, personally, I would def. look at a well cared for slightly used Zr. Get a good survey and a reputable dealer and you will save a ton of money. How much money is a warranty worth? The way boat values drop off from new more than offsets the value of a driveline warranty in my opinion. You can pick up a low hour 1-2 yr old boat for 25-30% less than new.
    No Beak, No Bustle, No Bull. Donzi 38 ZRC

My Boats:
    40 SKATER
    Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    I've yet to hear someone say, "damn, I wish I had went with the black motors instead of the blue motors". Nice ride either way.
    Hey BIG Daddy gotta have the BLUE motors , but these might get ya by Good Luck on your search
    ROCK ON DEAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Boats:
    Cigarette 38 Top Gun
    St. Mary's City, MD
    I was in the market a couple of years ago and test drove a 35ZR because I really liked the boat a lot (still do). But with the 496s in the one I drove, it just didn't make me say "Wow, I have got to have this." I never got to drive one with the 525s, but I knew 496s were not going to do it for me.

Gold Member Gold Member omerta one's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2009 Lip-Ship Gladiator; 1995 Cig 20
    Blue motors hands down....there are also some new 2007's still around, may even be able to find a new 2006. You should be able to get a good price. Here is a link to one...

Tommy Gun

Cary, ILL
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKoz96 View Post
    Hey guys Im looking into a new 35 ZR.. Not sure If I shoudl go with the 496's or 525's.. Id love the get the 525's but not sure if its worth the price increase.

Anyone running a t 35 Zr with 496's and if so do you wish you went with the 525's?

What do people think of Grand Sports Center?? I've heard soem stories but to tell you the truth Im happy with the way I was treated. The whole crew over there is nice and has been very helpful..

Anyone have any info????????

I can't answer your question about the performance on the Donzi ( I to have heard nothing but good things about Donzi)but as fas as Grand Sport goes, I have purchased two boats from them and have nothing but good dealing with them. From the start of the end is top notch in my book. They treat there customers well and don't forget about you after you walk out the door. I know Mark and Jim well and they will treat you right.

I have always had good dealing with them no matter if I was getting service work done or just picking up accessories or parts.

I live in the area and since they have moved to Lake In The Hills it will be much easier to drop off pick from there new location. It is nice to have your dealer close to you.

If you have any other questions please feel free to pm me and i would be happy to talk to you.

My Boats:
    2007 Donzi 35 ZR

2 cents from a 35ZR owner.......

For what it is worth I went thru search process last year and narrowed my choice down to the Formula 353 and Donzi 35ZR, Both are great boats, ultimately chose the Donzi due to its handling, ride, the dealership (important who is standing behind the warranty when it breaks) and the focus of the manufacturer in that all Donzi builds are fast boats.
    Very happy with my selection, went with the 496HOs. Yes the 525s are bigger and faster but 850 horsepower in the HOs is more than enough unless you are planning to run full throttle all the time or lots of poker runs. Real world and depending on the salinity of your water the boat equipped with 496s will top out around 78-80 mph, the 525s will probably add 8-10 MPH to that. Cost difference is about $55,000 for the upgrade.
    Go for a test drive, go to the factory for a tour if you can, they are great at helping you sort thru what will be the best boat for you and how you want to equip it.
    Good luck, happy to answer any further questions you might have.-SDH

My Boats:
    38 Comp ZR
    We have the red, white, and blue Comp ZR, and Grand Sport treats us like gold!!!! Grand sport supports the local clubs with their poker runs, and fun runs, and are always available for assistance. They have a great crew!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123