Poker run accident explanation.

Notices

Poker run accident explanation.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by scotty1
Ill start by saying... I own a 2007 36 Nor-tech and I obviously do not post on here much, but watch this forum a lot.

Every time there is a accident or something of this sort, it gets a lot of attention and I get a "REAL" sick feeling when a fellow boater is hurt or like in this case worse.

I also have to answer to my girlfriend that rides with me every time these sorts of things happen. She as I do, calm way down and look at our situations in boating real closely. She likes going fast as we all do, and I try to do everything to know that we are safe. I have taken Tres's Class and we wear our jackets at all runs.

BUT, with all accidents in the past, we hardly ever get any story on what really happened. Yes, this is mostly all speculation, but needs to be discussed.

"IF".... God forbid something happened to us in our 36 Nor-Tech running at speeds like these, I would WANT someone to tell EVERYONE what went wrong whether it was my mistake or mechanical to help prevent future situations like this and maybe save a life.

Again... Its just my two cents... and my Sincere condolences to Kevins family and friends.
I agree with Erik, great post...I highlighted this section in particular, I would agree if someone can learn from a mistake, then by all means share the knowledge, but, lets wait for the results from the professionals that will determine the cause of it. this is a forum and looking at a picture of a raised drive and hypothesizing that it shorted is (imo) speculation, and doesn't need to come out at this time, we lost a comrade. Wait for the results.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I agree with Erik, great post...I highlighted this section in particular, I would agree if someone can learn from a mistake, then by all means share the knowledge, but, lets wait for the results from the professionals that will determine the cause of it. this is a forum and looking at a picture of a raised drive and hypothesizing that it shorted is (imo) speculation, and doesn't need to come out at this time, we lost a comrade. Wait for the results.
i agree with all of this I was at that poker run and heard many different scenarios that weekend. All I can say that is true they were moving at a high rate of speed in a skater. I'll wait until the truth is told and again I will say nothing. A man lost his life another was seriously hurt, if it were me I would want everyone to not speculate the situation and wait for the facts. I don't want to sound like an azz hole but some people just talk because they want to be heard. I didn't even like speculating on the dock that day because everyone that saw it or thought they knew something could have been wrong,and I don't like to tell someone the wrong information because thats just me. Again not trying to be an azz. RIP kevin thoughts and prayers with everyone involved. Godspeed
Old 09-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pop-O
Hey Craig, great that you are OK. Saw over on lake cumberland web site that you said no one out of the many speculations had figured out what went wrong. You going to give us the real story of what went so terribly wrong?
Originally Posted by craig s
it is just this simple. we hit the wrong waive at the wrong time in the wrong way, we had a accident and i lost my best friend and the world lost a great guy. his funeral was today i ask you to remeber kevin flying across the lake in one favorite toys with a smile on his face and a roost a mile long ! REST IN PEACE KEVIN , I AND MANY OTHERS WILL MISS YOU , BUT NEVER FORGET YOU.
Enough said !!!!