Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone Else Find T2x Bitter,,,,, (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/244105-anyone-else-find-t2x-bitter.html)

monstaaa 12-17-2010 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 3276999)

awesome,,,,

AugiePensa 12-20-2010 11:20 AM

I don't find Rich to be bitter and him and I don't agree on everything but I RESPECT the hell outta him and love to read just about everything he posts! A load of knowledge in Offshore Powerboat Racing in that man.

RunninHotRacing163.1 12-20-2010 11:34 AM

Niiiiiiice BIG Daddy :drink::drink:

ActiveFun 12-20-2010 11:38 AM

Cool stuff. Would you know which video would show the smaller boats?

Thanks

Almost US1 12-20-2010 01:43 PM

Who cares if you agree or don't agree with rich. At least he's paid his dues and backs up his opinion. He's not always right but he will be the first to change his mind if your logic is sound.

What you don't know is he's using you guys like bubble gum for his mind and you don't even know it.

T2x 12-20-2010 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveFun (Post 3279138)
Cool stuff. Would you know which video would show the smaller boats?

Thanks

Some of the early races have 2nd tapes labeled "Production Classes". These show the Production, Modified and Sport classes separate from the Open Class races.

What specifically are you looking for?

fantastixvoyage 12-20-2010 01:58 PM

while were on this topic, what would cover the A class the best? Specifically No Limits, 24 pantera. :coolcowboy:

T2x 12-20-2010 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 3279228)
while were on this topic, what would cover the A class the best? Specifically No Limits, 24 pantera. :coolcowboy:

I will check with Darren

T2x 12-20-2010 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by AugiePensa (Post 3279124)
I don't find Rich to be bitter and him and I don't agree on everything but I RESPECT the hell outta him and love to read just about everything he posts! A load of knowledge in Offshore Powerboat Racing in that man.

Hey Augie....How are you feeling buddy?

Merry Christmas to you, the family, and the Boyz...

nautdesign1 12-21-2010 09:41 AM

T2X’s primary antagonists appear to be individuals threatened by his clever sense of humor or his unwavering assault on the senior Mr. Fountain? I personally find his writing greatly amusing but his attacks on Fountain Sr. a trifle all encompassing. I have spent a bit of time in a Fountain 42 PR and also a 38SF in somewhat less than ideal conditions. What ever issues one might have with Fountain’s business and promotional practices, he has a very good practical understanding of planing hydrodynamics. Stepped hulls were invented before any of us were born and pad keels are hardly new technology. However it is the combination of these and many other features that determine a truly great hull form. Of course everything is a compromise. Many designers can create a hull that absolutely dominates in flat water but would be incapable of crossing of even a small wake at speed. Conversely an offshore monster that eats up rough water (but at the expense of efficiency) is also not overly difficult to create. The art is designing a hull that is a reasonable balance of conflicting objectives, and for that I suspect T2X will begrudgingly concede Fountain has done a pretty good job with the aforementioned craft….or maybe he won’t but he’ll certainly provide some great entertainment in the process …

ND1