Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Your state could be next!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/255174-your-state-could-next.html)

HiPerf360 06-10-2011 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Fountain4402 (Post 3426013)
But this is the same profession that successfully sued McDonalds because a coffee cup didnt say hot on it.

scarab63 06-10-2011 09:48 AM

love lawyers they get people off who were clearly guilty due to Technicalities in the law. But this is the same profession that successfully sued McDonalds because a coffee cup didnt say hot on it.

Your honor we the OSO jury find fountan4402 guilty on count A of being uptight. As well as count B of being a argumentative dueche bag. Were recommending a sentence of another 10 years to life of not getting laid.

Just messing with ya bud

Smarty 06-10-2011 02:03 PM

love lawyers they get people off who were clearly guilty due to Technicalities in the law. But this is the same profession that successfully sued McDonalds because a coffee cup didnt say hot on it.

When your 185F degree coffee spills on you because the fast food restaurant employee fails to properly put on the lid, who will call after the doctor/ambulance/burn center? That's right, the lawyer.

I do not do PI work, only criminal and traffic. Technicalities? It is called being a smart lawyer and knowing what to do and not a dumb ass lawyer who is unaware of what technicalities to raise (legal argument).

Technicalities, a word I never use. I call it knowing the law.

Clearly guilty, you never know the whole story, just what makes the headlines (sensationalism).

When the sh*t hits the fan, you will call a lawyer to minimize damage, or get you out of trouble.

X-Rated30 06-10-2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 3426301)
When the sh*t hits the fan, you will call a lawyer to minimize damage, or get you out of trouble.

Why would he ever need a lawyer? He is perfect. And if he ever made a mistake, he would welcome the consequences as justice served. And of course, he would never take advantage of a technicality. You know, like when a cop testifies he pulled him over for crossing the center line (on a road you later learn had no center line) and when he searched the vehicle, he found a marijuana seed his kid dropped on the floor months earlier.:drink:

Dean Ferry 06-10-2011 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 3426301)
When your 185F degree coffee spills on you because the fast food restaurant employee fails to properly put on the lid, who will call after the doctor/ambulance/burn center? That's right, the lawyer.

I do not do PI work, only criminal and traffic. Technicalities? It is called being a smart lawyer and knowing what to do and not a dumb ass lawyer who is unaware of what technicalities to raise (legal argument).

Technicalities, a word I never use. I call it knowing the law.

Clearly guilty, you never know the whole story, just what makes the headlines (sensationalism).

Smarty,
I agree 100%. I have an Excellent attorney here in Orlando, that is there for me, 24/7 for anything I have a issue with. He is worth his weight in gold, (and he played football @ Vanderbilt, Middle Linebacker, 6'3' 285) so that is alot of GOLD!:drink: Same old crap, no one likes lawyers, until they need a one!
Have a great weekend.
Dean

HiPerf2000 06-10-2011 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by scarab63 (Post 3426124)
Your honor we the OSO jury find fountan4402 guilty on count A of being uptight. As well as count B of being a argumentative dueche bag.

+1 !!!!!!!!!!!

biggest tool bag we had around here in a while.

Smarty 06-10-2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by X-Rated30 (Post 3426306)
Why would he ever need a lawyer? He is perfect. And if he ever made a mistake, he would welcome the consequences as justice served. And of course, he would never take advantage of a technicality. You know, like when a cop testifies he pulled him over for crossing the center line (on a road you later learn had no center line) and when he searched the vehicle, he found a marijuana seed his kid dropped on the floor months earlier.:drink:

Funny you mentioned the marijuana seed, and getting a drug charge, that sh*t happens. Especially with the coke and heroin users who have a empty bag, cleaned up their life (clean and sober) but forget to clean their car and have an empty drug baggie with a spec of residue then get pulled over, and alllow a search. As they say, sh*t happens, I clean up the sh*t. I am a glorified janitor!

Smarty 06-10-2011 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry (Post 3426311)
Smarty,
I agree 100%. I have an Excellent attorney here in Orlando, that is there for me, 24/7 for anything I have a issue with. He is worth his weight in gold, (and he played football @ Vanderbilt, Middle Linebacker, 6'3' 285) so that is alot of GOLD!:drink: Same old crap, no one likes lawyers, until they need a one!
Have a great weekend.
Dean

6'3" 285lb, that is one intimidating attorney! Good to be big and smart. I am only 5'10 210 lbs, not as athletic as your guy, far less intimadating. But to some clients I am a life saver, which is true.

Dean Ferry 06-10-2011 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 3426353)
6'3" 285lb, that is one intimadating attorney! Good to be big and smart. I am only 5'10 210 lbs, not as athletic as your guy, far less intimadating. But to some clients I am a life saver, which is true.

Smarty,
Yeah he's intimadating in size, but he's very calculating, and he is always on the offensive, attack mode, even though he played defense in school. And all I know is it took me awhile to find him, and when I ask him, "Kevin, please take care of this"......., :angry-smiley-038: Oh, man, it's kinda fun to watch him do his job.:drink:
Dean

wesmax 06-11-2011 09:01 AM

This is to the originator of this post. Please feel free to contact Josh Lee at [email protected] . He would like to speak to you aout representation. He handles mostly DUI cases. This law doesnt come into effect until August. I'm with a few others here thinking there is more to the story than what were hearing. Irregardless, if you need representation, HES YOUR MAN!!!!