Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Golden Eagle Poker Run- Okla this sat. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26437-golden-eagle-poker-run-okla-sat.html)

eyezlee 06-14-2002 09:45 AM

Guys, take lots of pictures. Have a good time and be safe.

Later.

Paul

Gordo 06-17-2002 12:29 AM

What a blast!

Had the pleasure of meeting both Blown Formula and Fountain38, (and their beautiful sidekicks) at the Golden Eagle Poker run last weekend. I wanted to come check out your "toys", but we was almost late getting back to check in our cards. We didn't win anything, but we all thought it was well worth it. Thanks to Mickey Britain for gettting things set up for all of us. Our group was a riot the whole weekend, and although none of us won any money, the "TanKie" Formula crew of Pat & Tarra won the furthest distance award, which was a cool statue of a golden eagle. I think the crowd gave them as much applause and cheers as the guys that won over 12 grand, (yes, thats over $12,000.oo) for first place.
The local folks were really nice, the lake is beautiful, and quite the gathering of hot boats and hard bodies to drool over. (especially at "the cut").
Sounds like our group is planning on making this an annual event.

H20 Cowgirl 06-17-2002 08:29 AM

I agree! We had a blast and it was nice to meet some more OSO members!

283CHECK 06-17-2002 11:15 AM

Had a great time

Blown Formula and Fountain38 was good to meet you and your crews. The cut was a cool spot and that lake is beautiful.. Gordo thanks for the show after leaving the cut, you sure did make that HTM work for it:D :eek: I think Ralph will be smiling stupid for months to come:D All in all we had a great time and do plan on doing it again.

Chris

Blown get them pics posted!!

blown formula 06-17-2002 11:35 AM

*** Wonderful weekend !!! ****
We had nearly 400 entries, boats of all descriptions....
Eliminators, Advantage, HTM, Formula, Active Thunder, Fountain, Sunsation, Cigarette, some full customs, jets, v-drives, bravos, kaama's....mild to wild....just about you name it and it was there!!
I had the distinct pleasure of being there with Robert-38fountain (now an Eliminator driver!) & his wife & child to be! Congrats!! His mother in law Anna & friend George.
I met 283Checkmate & his wife Cindy, Gordo & wife-H2O cowgirl, Mickey & his wife also.....the boats were great but you guys were a blast.
I suspect I left someone out of that, but you guys never let my hand get empty!! :D

blown formula 06-17-2002 11:58 AM

Not that horsepower was lacking at the Poker Run either, but I know there were several outdrives that took a trip south for the summer, at least one broken prop shaft on an American Offshore rig out of Texas,,,,,, I hafta' start looking for that lost prop!!
:) Also a few other break down for mechanical issues.....unfortunate..... Last year a new twin canopied Advantage lost the drives leaving the first stop!! They had better luck this year and were seen partying with the $12,000 winners on Sunday at "the cut". After Saturdays revelry, Sunday was pretty quiet on the beach!!
I never expected to see so many OSO members, A real pleasure!
We gather again, possible at Grand Lake where there are several other members......:p , that we could not get to the Run.
Looking forward to "next time" !! :cool:

283CHECK 06-17-2002 12:03 PM

Grand Lake

Has been talked about afew times, I'd be up for the trip! If we can ever get our boat back. :mad: :eek: Luck for us the only problems we had(besides the hotel)was one flat before we left and a blow out on the same trailer. He is tire shopping as we speak:eek:

Look forward to boatin with you all in the future!!

blown formula 06-17-2002 01:44 PM

:( Darn.... I knew I left someone out.....

Forgive me SR24 !!! I didn't "really" forget you, just skipped typing your board name !!:rolleyes: The mind is the first (?) thing to go!!:D

Fountain38 06-17-2002 09:46 PM

Hey everyone,
It was nice meeting all you guys and gals ( especially the ladies from Mo). Hope to do this gig again sometime, maybe in Mo at LOTO or ?. Blown Formula, didn't we have fun. Its nice putting names with faces, and getting aquainted with everyone. George, I will bring the ribs if you do the cooking, and we want to thank you for the hospitality. Maybe next time ill let you drive the cat again, and you will be ready to shuck off that vee.:D Anyway, if I get my wife to domino in Aug and we will be sporting a new Cat driver real soon. Any time you all want a tour of Grand lake we all can meet there and ill show you around. Lots of big, fast boats up there, and you don't have to worry about hitting bottom.
Gordo, keep that glossy side up now when you are out racing. We don't want to read something bad about you somtime. Check, I hope you get that boat fixed soon! George give me a call, tell Pam hi!:) :)

SR-24 06-18-2002 12:06 PM

Hey BF, No problem! It was nice meeting you and 283Check. It sounds like there were alot more people there that I wish I could've met. You were the only one wearing an OSO hat other than myself that I saw. Tell me about the race with the HTM, because I don't think it was me (I was pretty lit up by the end of the day) and the only other one out there was the guy named Randy I was telling you about. It was him if it had red flames running from the front all the way down the sides. He just put a 572 in it and late in the day I went for a ride and it was his first time to open it up and he was turning a 32 four blade with 1:36 gears to 4600rpm. His liquis filled speedo broke but I'm sure we were moving on. I think if he'll go down to a 28 and get the R's up he will gain some more speed.