Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Disclaimer by Reggie Fountain about Fountain Powerboats >

Disclaimer by Reggie Fountain about Fountain Powerboats

Notices

Disclaimer by Reggie Fountain about Fountain Powerboats

Old 08-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I don't own a fountain but I'm tirelessly working to own one. They are by far my favorite boat. In my opinion no one has styling even close. Don't care if a 35 is 22 feet or whatever else BS Slower boats claim. Someone pull a string line down the keel to the beak and tell me the open area is significant in weight or room. Doubt it.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie Fountain
His cutting edge hull designs & superior hands-on manufacturing process resulted in the fastest, smoothest, safest & best handling V-bottom boats ever sold in the public marketplace.
At least he's humble.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say , start building a new designed hull, with fountain no where in the name. With his skills, rf3 in the mix they could build a badazz boat, new bigger cockpit, they could put a stop to the whining about fountain this or fountain that. I figure mr fountain is tired, but the younger ones are ready to carry on dads legacy. The best way to do that is let em loose in the shop with a couple of new molds and get at it. People cry all the time about fountains but look at the publicity they get. I say build em reg 3, wyatt, live the legacy. Wont be called a fountain but it will be a fountain.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
What is not professional about his post? He didn't denigrate or condemn Fountain PB in any way. He didn't try to promote anything else. He simply made a statement he felt was necessary since the company still operates with his name and there is an implied relationship between the two. Considering there are plenty of people that do not realize Reggie separated from the company a few years ago, it seems prudent he make this statement.

One should not assume there is an underhanded motive or malicious intent.
Perhaps it's the common ALL CAPS that makes it seem like the person is yelling? Also the general tone? I think most people on this forum do realize that Baja, Fountain, and Donzi are no longer manufactured by their founders. As long as the boats are of good quality and true to the original form I don't see the issue. Nostalgia is great but if you want the powerboat industry to survive there have to be people that can do more that put 'heart' into a boat, they have to be able to manage money and run a company. I know I sound like a Management Consultant (as I am by trade) but I want the industry to survive and I have no problem with the new arrangement for these manufacturers as long as they can turn out a competitive product and stay in business.

Does anyone here have first-hand experience with the 'new' Fountain boats and their quality? That's something I would really be interested in discussing because if we're all talking them down without driving them that's even more depressing. It's like we're rooting for some of the biggest in the industry to fail instead of make a comeback.

Last edited by ajnoe3; 08-06-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

From this post it sounds like the current fountain powerboat is the one that wanted them to be more clear?

Originally Posted by Reggie Fountain
We just did this because fountain powerboats is saying that we are trying to confuse the consumer. So we want to make it perfectly clear we are not there & don't have anything to do with it.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Uhmmm...donzi hasn't been with its original founders in several decades....
Old 08-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Build the new boats, give them more cockpit area, and call' 'em "F-3rd" or F-Cubed" powerboats... I bet they sell like hotcakes...
Old 08-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So my 1991 is ok
Old 08-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
Uhmmm...donzi hasn't been with its original founders in several decades....
Yes, I lumped them all on there because they are part of the same organization. I'm not going to root for this new organization to fail and if Reggie wants to build more boats more power to him, the more competition the better.

Wildman - I get that, just doesn't seem like a professional venue or attitude. I HATE WHEN PEOPLE USE ALL CAPS
Old 08-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

True AJnoe3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.