Notices

Does anyone not have boat insurance

Old 11-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Holy Crap this thread scares me!
I can't believe there are actually that many uninsured performance boaters out there! That really makes me wonder about non-performance boaters. How many of these yahoos are running around with zero insurance? I personally know of a few incidents where non-insured performance boaters had accidents (poker runners but not on a run) and I am pretty sure they will never be able to afford being on the water again. Not to mention our insurance rates are directly related to uninsured operators. .
Amen brother, it's shocking! I even have insurance on my 21' Scout.

Chris Rock did a skit on insurance once... He said it's called "Just in Case"... Just in case sh!t happens!
Old 11-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
Having insure will not make the accident not happen. Actually not having insurance will definatly make anyone more carefull. period. If not there is no concience and I cant help people without a concience. Paying for the accident weather insurance or some other way will not make the accident not happen. You need to look at how you are attacking me. I have reserves in precious metals that range way into the thoushands. I am married to a ICU nurse. My brother in law and cousin are emt firefighters . and they are always around if something did happen. I take care of resposiblilties in my life and I care for others more than about everyone i know.. Being selfish by going boating is not terrible. My friends enjoy that I give to them by taking them with. Just because you have the coin top pay an insurance company does not make you better than anyone that can not afford insurance.
You are clearly living way beyond your means and just don't get it. Nothing in the world is going to NOT make an accident happen. That's why they are called accidents. The concept that you don't seem to graps is that you have no contingency plan for when the accident happens. You have no exit strategy. What's worse is you now expect the people around you to bail your ass out when your lack of planning causes a situation you are incapable of handling. Do you even realize that you exepct your wife, brother in law, and cousin to bail you out when your incompetence burys your a$$? Are they aware you are relying on them for 10's to 100's of thousands to millions of dollars if it's part of gods plan for you to be involved in an incident? It doesn't matter because they won't be able to deliver.

So....in the end...if you are unfortunate enough to be invovled in some kind of accident, god forbid, you will be stuck with your own liability and could possibly ruin the lives of strangers and loved ones due to your poor life choices.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Goof grief.....

Old 11-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can buy liability policies only, thats what I had on my cat when I had it.....if the boat is totaled it was my problem, but I was protected if there were casulties and for the other persons effects if there was an issue
Old 11-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Registered

Man, I am very surprised the amount of people that don't have it. I for one want to protect my interests, and you never know when something may happen. I not only want to protect my own life and belongings, but no way I would be able to pay out of pocket for an at fault accident on the water that was extensive. If you say you can you are lying to yourself. I personally wouldn't ever boat without insurance.

This MCPRODESIGN guy has to be messing around, he sounds high lol. No way this guy can be serious with what he is saying. Its great if nothing ever happens, and most people will look back and say damn that insurance policy was a waste of money. But it only takes that split second and then your glad you had that insurance cause it pays for itself 10 fold. I own 2 boats, and even though the 1 has the motor pulled and is going up for sale I still have insurance on it. Never know what could happen whether it be theft, vandalism, or an accident while towing. I understand policies may be expensive, but that should have been factored in prior to owning a boat, and if you can't get full coverage atleast get liability to protect the people that may not be at fault in an accident that you are involved in.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:45 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 397 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by ealesh33
Man, I am very surprised the amount of people that don't have it. I for one want to protect my interests, and you never know when something may happen. I not only want to protect my own life and belongings, but no way I would be able to pay out of pocket for an at fault accident on the water that was extensive. If you say you can you are lying to yourself. I personally wouldn't ever boat without insurance.

This MCPRODESIGN guy has to be messing around, he sounds high lol. No way this guy can be serious with what he is saying. Its great if nothing ever happens, and most people will look back and say damn that insurance policy was a waste of money. But it only takes that split second and then your glad you had that insurance cause it pays for itself 10 fold. I own 2 boats, and even though the 1 has the motor pulled and is going up for sale I still have insurance on it. Never know what could happen whether it be theft, vandalism, or an accident while towing. I understand policies may be expensive, but that should have been factored in prior to owning a boat, and if you can't get full coverage atleast get liability to protect the people that may not be at fault in an accident that you are involved in.
The op sounds like he's very young to me . These are the same types the POTUS is hoping will sign up for BronkoBama care . Not gonna happen .
Old 11-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I for one would never leave the dock without insurance
To much can happen . What about leaving your boat in a marina
Overnight. Fire -boat breaks loose and damaged other boats
What about launching at a ramp with tons of people around anything
Can happen . Obviously you don't worry about a Lein on your home
Old 11-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
No offense to anyone on here but IMO..........

Insurance is overpriced

50% reason to have is just for piece of mind.

Insurance companies are FOR PROFIT and get paid commission on DENIYING claims

A large percentage of people do not even understand their policy's anyways and put to much trust into their agents and insurance companies

To many of us are scared to even file a claim

To many people make claims that are not correct that end up costing us all more money in the long run

Overall insurance just plane annoys me!

Plus, a 1 2 or 3 million dollar policy is a JOKE nowadays. People are so greedy they will go after you for 10's or 100's of millions!

How often to you hear about a lawsuit for only a few hundred grand!

I am not saying insurance is all bad. It should be used as ONE of many tools we have in life.

Now I am getting worked up over it! If I see one more commercial about how a ins. company can save me money....Just stop spending so much money on the stupid commercials and LOWER our rates!
I agree!!!

I have had many boats in my lifetime insurance on all even if it was liability only. Things can go WRONG in a hurry on the water, even in a slow boat, or one not even under power.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by redwhite
You are clearly living way beyond your means and just don't get it. Nothing in the world is going to NOT make an accident happen. That's why they are called accidents. The concept that you don't seem to graps is that you have no contingency plan for when the accident happens. You have no exit strategy. What's worse is you now expect the people around you to bail your ass out when your lack of planning causes a situation you are incapable of handling. Do you even realize that you exepct your wife, brother in law, and cousin to bail you out when your incompetence burys your a$$? Are they aware you are relying on them for 10's to 100's of thousands to millions of dollars if it's part of gods plan for you to be involved in an incident? It doesn't matter because they won't be able to deliver.

So....in the end...if you are unfortunate enough to be invovled in some kind of accident, god forbid, you will be stuck with your own liability and could possibly ruin the lives of strangers and loved ones due to your poor life choices.

what you dont seem to grasp is that if you kill someone you will never be able to pay enough money to make any ammends .. No matter what.. All the insurance in the world may save your own selfish ass. but what about the people that you hurt..Do you really think Money can fix an accident? Having medical people around is better than having drunks around if some ass hat hurts someone.. Just baggin on me is not going to change anything. Insurance wont change anything.. Just be careful and pay attention.. Then most likely you wont have to use your insurance..
Old 11-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by welfare racing
You can buy liability policies only, thats what I had on my cat when I had it.....if the boat is totaled it was my problem, but I was protected if there were casulties and for the other persons effects if there was an issue
I will ask Wozencraft about this. Sounds like a good idea.. Hopefully it wont be 2 grand a year. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.