Does anyone not have boat insurance >

Does anyone not have boat insurance

Notices

Does anyone not have boat insurance

Old 11-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
what you dont seem to grasp is that if you kill someone you will never be able to pay enough money to make any ammends .. No matter what.. All the insurance in the world may save your own selfish ass. but what about the people that you hurt..Do you really think Money can fix an accident? Having medical people around is better than having drunks around if some ass hat hurts someone.. Just baggin on me is not going to change anything. Insurance wont change anything.. Just be careful and pay attention.. Then most likely you wont have to use your insurance..
The difference is that if I do have an accident and unfotunately someone gets seriously injured or killed, I have the insurance to pay for that persons medical care or compensation to the family. Now if YOU seriously hurt someone or kill them you are also sticking them with the bills too. I also have the coverage to replace there boat as well if there is one involved, but there again you would be leaving them with the bill too. Selling your boat will do nothing if somone gets hurt, the medical bills will exceed your boat very quickly, and then they will come after everyhing else you own. And I guess you feel as that is what you would deserve, but that victims don't deserve to have to go through years of legalities in order to get it from you if you even have the amount necessary to give.

Last edited by ealesh33; 11-13-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Who will write liability only insurance on a Hi-perf. boat? Please send them my way... BTW, all of our boats are insured now.....
Old 11-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"WHAT IF" sells alot of insurance policies and good thing your paying based on statistics everyone should call Snakefarm today and add Life Insurance in case something happens. Im forced to spend over 20k a year in insurance for business and yes boat is insured too but I hate insurance companies

It’s not about “safety,” If you have to argue, than consider that you are allowed to drive without any coverage or any capacity to pay for damages. You just pay the state a fine rather than the insurance company if you get caught. Majority of people don’t have accidents and the insurance companies know this and they bank on it- Literally

Last edited by Pokher Ace; 11-14-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
insurance wont change anything.. Just be careful and pay attention.. Then most likely you wont have to use your insurance..

wow
Old 11-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

This thread is scaring the helllll out of me
Old 11-14-2013, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Why can't everyone just lay off mcprodesign? Is this not the land of the free? If he wants to take his chances without insurance then he has every right to do so. The same should remain true with health insurance. This will be my only post on this thread as I will not get drawn into a debate. The piling on by fellow boaters is disgraceful IMO.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

If you can't afford $2000-$4000 for insurance for the year, you shouldn't have one of these boats.

I fill my boat up 3 times and it is the same as my insurance cost for the year.
We are playing in a high dollar, high risk game and those of us who do have insurance have to pay for those who don't when the sh!t hits the fan.
I have seen the best in the world have accidents, damage from acts of nature or other incidents.
To say be more careful and you will be fine is irresponsible and foolish.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Why can't everyone just lay off mcprodesign? Is this not the land of the free? If he wants to take his chances without insurance then he has every right to do so. The same should remain true with health insurance. This will be my only post on this thread as I will not get drawn into a debate. The piling on by fellow boaters is disgraceful IMO.
Why not ? Tell ya what,,,,, im going to slam into you uninsured,,,, damage your property,,,,,,,,injure you so you cant work and support your family ,,,,,,and just walk away without insurance,,,,,, bet your opinion changes quickly .

Oh wait,,,,, he is " careful " that couldn't possibly happen
Old 11-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Tom A.
If you can't afford $2000-$4000 for insurance for the year, you shouldn't have one of these boats.

I fill my boat up 3 times and it is the same as my insurance cost for the year.

100% agree on both statements
Old 11-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by obnoxus
Why not ? Tell ya what,,,,, im going to slam into you uninsured,,,, damage your property,,,,,,,,injure you so you cant work and support your family ,,,,,,and just walk away without insurance,,,,,, bet your opinion changes quickly .

Oh wait,,,,, he is " careful " that couldn't possibly happen
You forgot, if the person you hit and injury doesn't have health insurance either, then thier "choice" causes the rest of us to pay for that to.

I hate insurance as well but the what if is the reason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.