Biscayne Bay Accident news... >

Biscayne Bay Accident news...

Notices

Biscayne Bay Accident news...

Old 05-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
What law was broken? I did not see the video. So Laz used bad judgement trying to power off the sandbar forward? ...that is not a crime. I dont think being an idiot walking up to the prop spinning is a crime either...stupid yes. What is also sad is prosecuting someone just to make someone else feel better...would it really make you feel better? You speak like a typical overzealous officer. You have no idea how vicious overcharging and overprosecution affects peoples lives.
He was behind the wheel, pushing the throttles, he is responsible, certainly they could charge with with wreckless operation at a minimum. I am not a fan of cops harrassing us at all but this idiot needs to be held accountable for his actions. If it was up to me I would charge him with involuntary manslaughter, it is his fault alone this kid is dead, he had the motors running, he didn't make sure the area around the props was clear, his fault.

If you were stuck and trying to power off and some idiots come over and try to get near your boat, what would you do? Probably kill the motors and tell them to stay away before they get hurt. If your answer is keep at it and let them push then no point in discussing this with you any further.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I would shut my boat down if i saw the guy. Did he see him? Like i said i couldn't view the vid.

Last edited by JRider; 05-08-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 73 Posts

It is impossible for any of us to say if he saw him or not. He very well could have checked and no one was around and then gone to the throttles looking in front of him incase it broke free so he wouldn't run anyone over. In that time people could have jumped to help and then it happened, all in a matter of seconds. Very sad regardless, but there is way too much speculation
Old 05-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I watched the video, you can see the operator looking back while throttling the boat, while there are three guys pushing from the motor bracket on the starboard side. I personally think it was clearly an accident and the memories of that day will haunt him for the test of his life. I am not sure I see the use in prosecuting him. It was poor judgement for sure...... I can see both side I the prosecution argument. I am sure if it was my family member, I would probably feel much different.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am for involuntary manslaughter. I think that is justified.Just as you kill someone in a car crash... You are in control of the vehicle.

IMHO, this is not the forum for this.

I would rather us discuss how to prevent this or at least educate other who read these threads from doing something anywhere close to this type of activity.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
...NOTHING to do with DJ Laz's "bad luck with boats". Let's not confuse "bad luck" and "bad judgement".
Well, of course. And remember, in our society there are no "accidents". If you have money or insurance you are incapable of an accident. Negative outcomes are always somebody's fault, and it is the job of a good stand up attorney in his virtuous quest for truth to find out who has the most money so he can get some of it. Just ask any lawyer. Only poor people can have accidents.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 73 Posts

Lawsuit filed....

http://www.local10.com/news/lawsuit-...d-man/25896846
Old 05-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 906 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER

Called that in Post #20.......3 days ago!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 798 Likes on 260 Posts

It says they're only seeking $15k ? Not sure I can call that a greedy money grab quite yet.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 906 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
It says they're only seeking $15k ? Not sure I can call that a greedy money grab quite yet.
Greg you need to work on those reading skills : The lawsuit seeks in excess of $15,000 in damages.

I think it declares the suit isn't a small claims matter by seeking in excess of 15K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.