Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Biscayne Bay Accident news... >

Biscayne Bay Accident news...

Notices

Biscayne Bay Accident news...

Old 05-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really sad to see that happened I went to the police academy with this dude we even had lunch a couple of times great guy this really has me shocked it's just something that shouldn't of happen neither him or DJ laz should of done what they did but that's is life things happened in a heart beat and now it's all ****ed up. I think someone should face justice here is just not fair.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know Laz and all I can say is he has very bad luck with boats. Here's a piece I did on him a few years ago after his triple engine Hydro Sports was stolen and taken to Cuba.

http://trcimino.com/T._Rafael_Cimino..._Dry_Feet.html
Old 05-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
I know Laz and all I can say is he has very bad luck with boats. Here's a piece I did on him a few years ago after his triple engine Hydro Sports was stolen and taken to Cuba.

http://trcimino.com/T._Rafael_Cimino..._Dry_Feet.html
Wow
Old 05-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
This was not an accident it was the direct result of the actions of an idiot behind the wheel of the boat, there is nothing to learn from this, common sense cannot be taught.

Yes it is about blame DJ Laz's reckless behavior resulted in the death of this young man. If you were stuck would you let people push your boat while you tried to power off?? I pretty sure the answer is a definite no.
All accidents are the direct results of actions. Unconscious incompetence / Cause and effect.

To be able to stop accidents you have to understand what lead up to the accident. There has to be an understanding why the people think that it is ok do what they do.

Just as you stated. I would not allow people to push my boat off a sandbar or go near the props. We are boat people who have been taught right from wrong and the importance of being in charge. This was NOT the case of Dj Laz why did he allow people to do this? Why did a number of people think it was OK to stand by the back of the boat? It is obvious that the people at the back of the boat thought it was ok to push the boat from that area. IE: Would you jump off a bridge if told to do so?
Old 05-07-2014, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
I know Laz and all I can say is he has very bad luck with boats.
While I think, in the current state of mourning, pointing fingers should be kept to a minimum until the investigators do their jobs...... I have to say this, this accident has nothing, absolutely NOTHING to do with Dj Laz's "bad luck with boats". Let's not confuse "bad luck" and "bad judgement".

Last edited by low_psi; 05-07-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
". Let's not confuse "bad luck" and "bad judgement".
Very well put
Old 05-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very sad!!
Old 05-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kakarot
Really sad to see that happened I went to the police academy with this dude we even had lunch a couple of times great guy this really has me shocked it's just something that shouldn't of happen neither him or DJ laz should of done what they did but that's is life things happened in a heart beat and now it's all ****ed up. I think someone should face justice here is just not fair.
What law was broken? I did not see the video. So Laz used bad judgement trying to power off the sandbar forward? ...that is not a crime. I dont think being an idiot walking up to the prop spinning is a crime either...stupid yes. What is also sad is prosecuting someone just to make someone else feel better...would it really make you feel better? You speak like a typical overzealous officer. You have no idea how vicious overcharging and overprosecution affects peoples lives.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
What law was broken? I did not see the video. So Laz used bad judgement trying to power off the sandbar forward? ...that is not a crime. I dont think being an idiot walking up to the prop spinning is a crime either...stupid yes. What is also sad is prosecuting someone just to make someone else feel better...would it really make you feel better? You speak like a typical overzealous officer. You have no idea how vicious overcharging and overprosecution affects peoples lives.
I don't think it would be a case of breaking the law as much as it would be negligence. I was involved in a case where a trailer coupler was believed to be left loose. Two days and six states later the trailer comes off, crosses the road and hits a car killing two teenage girls. Laws broken? No. Negligence? Yes.
If I was pulling into my dock and smashed into your boat, I am sure you would want me to pay. I wouldn't have broken the law.
Lawsuits will definitely happen on this one. It wont change the damage to all the lives effected. One family lost a loved one, DJ's life will never be the same. I would not want to be one of the people that witnessed it. I will be reminded of it every time I go to the beach on my boat, and I was 2000 miles away when it happened.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

So prosecute someone for being human.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.