Notices

Livorsi vs Autometer

Old 05-23-2014, 08:42 AM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Livorsi does not crimp the gauge rim on far enough. If you overtighten a Livorsi gauge the rim and glass pop right off... Big pile of overpriced ****.

You can tighten an autometer all day long and never have a problem. If you go with Livorsi do yourself a favor and fill the back side of the rim with 5200 where it meets the gauge body. You wont see it installed but that way you can mount them tight enough to where they are firm and not moving around in your dash.

Also it is interesting to note Livorsi gauges made for Cigarette have the correct crimp on the rim just like Autometer... So the gauges Livorsi sells to us are sub standard ones....
Old 05-27-2014, 11:43 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello this is Mike Livorsi. There are so many things wrong with this thread I wont even begin to comment. I can promise you if you call or email me I will take care of any problems personally as I have always done in the past.

Best Regards,
Mike Livorsi
847-752-2710
[email protected]
Old 05-27-2014, 12:16 PM
Registered

I recently had a very good experience with Livorsi. Have 4 speedos in my DCB and the pucks batteries died. Livorsi took care of me with fair price on new technology powered antennas and rebuilt my speedos to current technology for a very reasonable cost. They turned them around very quickly. Good experience from my perspective. Of course wish I never had to do it to begin with but technology changes.....
Old 05-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Re did my dash in the P29 last winter and just made some more modification this year like the Shifters and Throttles. Did over tighten the hour meters and the glass and face moved around but sent back and got them taken care of really quick. Switched from Auto's and really like the product.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523845[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Livorsi vs Autometer-p29-dash.jpg  
Old 05-27-2014, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Good to see Mike Jumped in. Kudos to you sir. It's off topic and I'm not biased on brands but where does Gaffrig fall into place? Excuse
My ignorance as I just don't have any knowledge on the different brands. Gaffrig also get
It's parts from autometer? Not to hijack.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:41 PM
mmb
Registered

Originally Posted by GAUGETHIS
Hello this is Mike Livorsi. There are so many things wrong with this thread I wont even begin to comment. I can promise you if you call or email me I will take care of any problems personally as I have always done in the past.

Best Regards,
Mike Livorsi
847-752-2710
[email protected]
I installed the gauges to your specs and they were loose in my dash. I tried to tighten them up and they just got looser. (Please note I tightened them with my fingers) I then realized the rim was moving off the gauge. So I ordered 4 new gauges.. ( Like the first $2,500 I spent wasn't enough) got my Autometer marine gauges out that have the same race rim and compared notes. Your crimp on the rim has a large gap on the underside where it meets the gauge body. Autometer crimp on the rim was crimped and folded all the way over touching the gauge body, so actually if you over tighten an auto meter the rim will be pulled tighter.

Seeing the 4 new Livorsi gauges I ordered was just the same as the others, I came to the conclusion your not crimping the rim on the gauge far enough. To fix this so we could take our boat to Key West I filled the back side of the gauge rim with 5200 and let it dry, when I mounted the gauges I could mount them tight enough where they were not moving in the dash and the rim stayed on!!!

While on our way to Key West we stopped at the Cigarette factory for the "Tour" I became interested in the quality of the Cigarette gauges because surly Cigarette is not putting up with tightening a gauge by hand and having the rim and glass pop off. Sure enough, every Livorsi Gauge I could find there had the same full crimp on the rim just like the Autometers......

If you truly care about this post please fix the assembly tooling or QC before your gauges ship out.

Now they do work great and look awesome, I'm not sure if I would buy Livorsi again at this point. If Autometer made a Carbon Fiber gauge I would most definitely not buy them again
Old 05-29-2014, 03:51 PM
mmb
Registered

If you look close at this picture you can see where I used the 5200 on the gauges. You can see the HUGE gap from the rim and the gauge body... Autometer does not have this gap and why they have no problems with the rim and glass coming off.

Here is the rest of my build thread if you want to see more pictures.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...efresh-24.html
Old 05-29-2014, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

You gotta know who to talk to, Fred at Livorsi always returns my emails and calls. I sent some back to be tested and rebuilt and they came back nice and new.
Autometer has a small selection. I wanted red face white lettering, no problem @ Livorsi .

Right now the boat fund is low so its a couple gauges at a time but one day they`ll be all new

Old 05-29-2014, 05:49 PM
mmb
Registered

Looks great! But if I'm spending $2500 I should get good gauges from the get go.... Not knowing anyone...
Old 05-29-2014, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
You gotta know who to talk to, Fred at Livorsi always returns my emails and calls. I sent some back to be tested and rebuilt and they came back nice and new.
Autometer has a small selection. I wanted red face white lettering, no problem @ Livorsi .

Right now the boat fund is low so its a couple gauges at a time but one day they`ll be all new

I like the mixed-match dash I have 4 different types in mine. I post a pic but I'm afraid I might get kicked off OSO for abuse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.